Fly Tying
Pujic

2004 Fly Tying Forum / OFT Photo Contest!

2004 FTF / OFT Photo Contest

Good morning everyone,

It’s only natural to take lots of pictures when you’re on the water. And the next picture you take on your fly fishing adventure could win you some great prizes from Green Caddis Outfitters and the Online Fly Tyer.

Capture the essence of fly fishing in one of three contest categories - Fish, Action, and Nature. Your picture could win you one of many great prizes, such as GCO gift certificates, Canadian Fly Fisher magazine subscriptions, Gatti apparel, and more! For complete category descriptions see contest guidelines below.

The contest will run until November 1st, 2004 so take advantage of the upcoming Summer and Fall seasons and the beauty that each one holds! Photos previously taken during the 2004 calendar year can be submitted.

So as you’re filling up your vest, float tube, or canoe for a day of fly fishing fun, don’t forget your camera. You never know when the next great photo opportunity will present itself!

Photo Contest Guidelines

1. There are 3 defined categories for this contest:

- Fish (which can include images of people holding or releasing fish, or fish close-ups, etc…).

- Action (including action shots, casting, and atmospheric photos with people).

- Nature (including insects, scenery, flies or anything else found in or around water; however no people).

2. The contest is open to all Fly Tying Forum members. Each member can make 1 entry per category.

3. Photos must be taken during the 2004 calendar year.

4. Submissions must be received before November 1st, 2004 and can be made via e-mail to [email protected] , or through our online submission form:

http://www.flytyingforum.com/index.php?act...ge=photocontest

5. The submitter MUST be the original photographer. Absolutely no duplication or plagiarism will be tolerated. In other words - if you didn't take the picture yourself, please don't submit it.

6. Photos must be in digital format with a minimum resolution of 800 pixels wide and 600 pixels high (1 megapixel). Scanned images are accepted. Images larger than 800 x 600 are welcomed.

7. Images must be in black and white, or color without any digital enhancements with the exception of brightness, contrast or color adjustments. Please no digital rendering or modifications.

8. Submitted images must not have been sold or previously published.

9. Anonymous voting will take place during the last week of November by all Fly Tying Forum members. At the end of the vote, the top photo for each category will be named, and an overall vote will determine the grand winner. Top photos from each category will be awarded prizes.

10. By submitting the image(s) into the contest, the photographer warrants Fly Tying Forum and Online Fly Tyer to display the images publicly without monetary imbursement.

If anyone has any questions or comments about the contest please do not hesitate to contact either Will or myself. We very much look forward to seeing some great shots from around the globe. Have fun!

Hey OSD,

Since the winners are selected by members, and not by a panel of any sort I would say that everyone not involved with organizing the contest is eligable. So, Bob, as long as you can give your Photo Shop talent a rest j_k.gif by all means enter! All submissions will be kept confidential until the voting begins.

Man dont know how i have missed this post for the last week wallbash.gif

I was wondering when we were going to do this...cool smile.gif looks like i gotta nail that 40# salmon this year! wink.gif

It should be a lot of fun and a great way to capture those special moments (now I sound like a Kodak commercial) LOL. All kidding aside, we're hoping for a big turnout, especially as the deadline approaches. So everyone still has plenty of time to get out there and snap some great pics!

I'm still working on the prize table and let me tell you, by the looks of things it's going to be excellent! wink.gif

Bob,

I will be working on the program that accepts the photos hopefully this week. If you don't see it in the next week or so remind me unsure.gif

Bob,

In the mean time, you can e-mail your entry to [email protected]

Everyone can make 1 entry per category (so up to 3 photos). Looking forward to seeing them!

Nick

Nick,

Will you accept a photo into the contest that is also published to the FTF photo gallery or does it have to be a "virgin" sent straight to you?

Howie

Hi Howie,

The entry doesn't have to be a virgin. Will should have the submission page up sometime within the next day or two so watch for that very shortly.