Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
James Daly

Arctic Fox, Scandi Style

Greetings all,

Tied on a Loop Brass tube. The fox is my own dye job. Shoulda used some JC up in there! For your critique and amusement. -Jamie

post-4102-1216745495_thumb.jpg

beautiful!!! simply beautiful. great colours and great patern. love it

Nice one Jamie. Those colours are tops. Nohing like dying your own.

:pimp: :punk:

Jamie - You better watch this one closely when we go fishing this fall, 'cause I'm likely to steal it when your back is turned. :D Super cool fly and an awesome color combination.

Thanks everybody! I appreciate it!

-Ray,

I'll make sure to tie up a couple extra and keep them in the "Decoy" box. You might want to consider making your own "decoy" box with your less than satisfactory flies. If you actually tie flies that are less than satisfactory!! :)

Jamie, that is fantastic.........gorgeous fish catcher. I recently tyed up a series of flies usin' Krystal Chenile with a palmered hackle for the body, an extra looong tag, and a 360 degree wing usin' Peacock herl, Ostrich herl, Reah, skinny genetic hackle tips and flash material.........they came out great with saltwater type heads, and dyed gut eyes.

You just gave me a new idea though.......and i have a ton of Arctic Fox fur..... :D Problem is you have to use such small hooks with the stuff........i did those flies on 8/0's......basically just wanted to get rid of some funky A&H hooks. Guess i'll have to down size to use the Fox. :P

I'm gonna throw those flies at some Pike up in Canada real soon.......we'll see. :yahoo: I'm gonna try all kinna different "Stuff" on them Pike. And i'm only gonna use my flies on 'em. Wish me luck! We're goin' with a group of 10 people.......and i don't even know the name of the river and or lakes we fishin.........but these folks been goin' every year for the last 11 straight. They're members of the Upper Snake River Cutthroats outta Idaho Falls and we been hangin' out with 'em for 6 years in a row at two different shows. So when they invited us and gave us a price that was really good........we just jumped on it.

Your fly is a GREAT blend of natural and flash materials.......thass what i'm always up to........blending the two. Flies are so much more interesting when you use the two together. It's like a hip dog or person who's got a few things in 'em that makes them distinctive. Or a hip dubbing that is a dynomite blend of colors.

Keep up the great work Bro. mark..... B)