Fly Tying
Al Beatty

Another question

Hi Group,

I'm curious, "How many of you calibrate (?) your monitors?" I did for the first time yesterday and couldn't believe the difference it made. Take care & ...

Tight Lines - Al Beatty

www.btsflyfishing.com

I've done it before in Adobe Photoshop. Is that the program you used, Al?

Jeff

Al,

Yea, I started calibrating my monitor back when I started Hatches. If a photo is ever going to be printed then calibrating is important so that the print is close to how the monitor displayed it. I agree, I was shocked at the difference the first time I did it.

I do. I use i1Display 2 by xRite At first I had a hard time telling the differnce with flesh tones but wtih flowers and foliage I could see the difference. Over time, I started to get better with the color correction. Worth the money and effort.

Hi Russ,

I read about different programs in the various magazines and online and finally got a good deal from Amazon.com on Spyder 3 Elite. Don't take my post as a recomendation, it's just what I found at the time I was looking. Jeff mentioned calibrating using PS. I didn't know that was an option so didn't use it. I would think that would be your first place to look. Maybe some of the other people on the group will offer their ideas on what to use. Take care & ...

Tight Line - Al Beatty

www.btsflyfishing.com

Thanks. Have not been very sucessful with PS, was thinking of either Spider or Huey Pantone Pro (from serveral reviews), had not yet consider xRite - but will add it to the list. Obviously have some homework to do.