Fly Tying

Anyone wanna get in on a nymph swap? I Know I am new to this board but am willing to try and get one done. It sounds like a good idea. So to start us off I will be tying the ever so trusty Pheasant tail... Since this is my first swap, I don't know much about deadlines so how about august 15? Lemme know your thoughts.

-Evan

Welcome to the site!! Boy you really are diving in with both feet here lad!!! As one that is in two swaps already, and started another one; it would be my pleasure to be the first one to say: I'm In!! Good luck Evan and be sure to ask any of the elders around here if you have any questions on how to go about doing your swap.

I think that I will do : THE MUNCHER!! Great fly invented by a local pro tyer and guide.

Art

Thanks Art,

Really looking forward to seeing the beauties. I can't wait. I'm sure it can't be that hard... rolleyes.gif sad.gif Thanks for the advice and i'm sure i'm gonna have some trouble. Hopefully not.

I'm in. I think Aug 1 is a bit long for a deadline. How about July 15? If you guys want to do Aug it is fine with me.

Mozes

Alright How about we change the deadline to July 21st?

Mozes,

May I ask what fly you will be tying?

So far we have:

1. Me tying the BH Pheasant Tail

2. Art tying the Muncher

3. and Mozes tying the we don't know yet.

Come on guys.... I plan to close the swap sign up on friday.

OK, this sounds good to me, as long as the group isn't too large. How many are you planning on having in the swap? I'll be tying the swamp monster.

Breambuster

Good point Breambuster,

I plan to have the swap limited to the standard number of 12 swapers.

So far our list is...

2. Art tying the Muncher

4. BreamBuster tying the swamp monster

Great! glad you can join us Millerwb.

So far we have...

2. Art tying the Muncher

5. MillerWb Tying the we don't know yet.

Alright. Might as well jump into the pool. I've not participated in a swap on this forum yet. I'll tie a Prince Nymph. Now I just have to decide which size and wether or not to use a little weight under the body. Maybe I'll fish a few variations on my lunch hour tomorrow. Which ever catches the most fish is what I'll tie. Or something like that.

More later,

Ken S.

Great... Welcome Ken!

So far we have:

2. Art tying the Muncher

5. MillerWb Tying the we don't know yet.

6. kschu Tying the Prince Nymph.

Come on people! only a couple more days left. Come join this wonderful nymph swap!

Just to let you know, you can`t host the swap, if that`s what you`re plannin on. You have to be atleast 18 years old to host a swap. I would join, but right now I`m tyin bluegill flies like a mad man trying to get ready for the willow fly hatches, tying bass flies, and I never tie any nymphs. lol. Tight lines and good tyin!-redneck

Well redneckfishermen... Thanks for letting me know... wallbash.gif I really feel like shit.gif ... Sorry to everyone who started tying... Hey redneckfisherman... Am I at least allowed to participate in a swap? ie. be a swapper Sorry once again to all who participated... I really wished a moderator would've told me earlier.... crying.gif