Fly Tying
Andrés T

Arrowheads

Hi all,

sorry for not answering before, but I have just arrived from the fly tying show.

Thank you Paulf, Steelie!

Ridleyffo, sorry you have had problems to have a look into my site. I think you can get into it and find the answers to your questions, as Flytire pointed out. You will find some free SbS, and some to buy. About materials, what are they made from, there is no answer for this question.... they are "arrowheads"....two years working on the idea ... and a fly tying material as a result to be sold.

I know what Steve Thornton uses to tye his flies, or what Paul whillock uses as "japanese legs", or what many other tyers use and sell as fly tying materials, but it never crosses my mind to ask them about the "materials", and of course not copy them under my name.

I am new in this business, and I do not know if there is a rule called respect for other people´s work. I do not mind, I try to follow it.

As I said in some forums, I would like to share more of my "creativity", but I also believe that becoming a professional tyer allows me to invest more time in developing creativity. It is easy to understand that I have to find a balance between these two words - professional / share.

Some people can think that I am using this forum to show my flies and my materials to be sold. I have had in mind this idea since the first time I posted my first fly in it. A balance between forum and shop must also be taken into account as I do not want to use any forum as a shop. I put a link to my web site after seeing that it was allowed, but I have NEVER made a reference to the fact that I sell flies or materials; when somebody asked openly about materials or flies, I always PM them. The main reason why I post my flies is just because I like to show them to other tyers and share ideas with my flies.

Flytire, thanks a lot!!

BigDaddyhub, I will have a second thought about it, thanks.

Andres,

I just made a small order for some of your arrowheads so I can tie some of those beautiful flies, too. Those are going to be great here in Central Texas and on the Gulf of Mexico. Great idea; super fly!! And, I'm still waiting for you to finish the book!! :D

I went back to your site and spotted the shrimp, so I bought a set of the large and small bodies, too. Please ship both orders together and refund second shipping fee to my PayPal account. You should have my e-mail address in my message through PayPal.

Thanks!!!!

Ray

Andres,

I just made a small order for some of your arrowheads so I can tie some of those beautiful flies, too. Those are going to be great here in Central Texas and on the Gulf of Mexico. Great idea; super fly!! And, I'm still waiting for you to finish the book!! :D

I went back to your site and spotted the shrimp, so I bought a set of the large and small bodies, too. Please ship both orders together and refund second shipping fee to my PayPal account. You should have my e-mail address in my message through PayPal.

Thanks!!!!

Ray

Hi Harold, PM sent.

have a look at one pattern with the shrimp shells; the pattern is not mine but I love it so I tied it with my own materials, hope you like it.

post-12648-1245162786_thumb.jpg

Andres,

You're worrying way too much! Any one with any polite consideration will understand that you are 100% correct- one must find the balance between sharing and screwing up his entire profit margin. Friendships, even electronic ones, are nice, but business is business! Love seeing some of your stuff on the forum!

STILL loving this fly, man! :headbang:

Very nice looking flies. Thanks for posting them.

Hey Andrés

Is it possible for you to send me a PM with the fly you send to Herold Ray. I just ordered some packages of both your "Shrimp shells" and "Arrowheads" and I would love to see some ideas for using them. I am looking forward to experiment with these innovative materials.