Fly Tying
mswaterfowler

What is the weirdest thing you have ever caught while fishing?

I've caught holy hell numerous times from several spouses for spending too much time fishing and not enough time obeying orders. A friend of mine caught a load of rock salt in the buttocks as a result of paying too much attention to a large bass and not enough attention to an approaching farmer who was a stickler about property rights in general and his posted pond in particular.

while fishing the Grand River in Michigan for Walleye, we watched a guy having a huge battle. Rod shaking up and down, bobbing, reel was going crazy....when he finally netted it, it was a 2 liter bottle filled with water that had wrapped around his line somehow and was wiggling in the current. He thought he had a huge catfish.

This is a fun thread to read....whoever thought of it nice work. :lol2:

I've hooked a aggressive bat in fly fishing from a pier at night and at least 4 pelicanos(flies in the wings)on Los roques. :crying:

I was fishing with a buddy of mine a few years ago on the Tulpelhocken Creek in PA. It was January and 17 degrees. We were drifting nymphs in high fast water (with ice chunks floating past us) hammering nice sized rainbows one after another. After my fifth fish (all released) I snagged the bottom and the tippet snapped. I tucked the rod under my arm to tie on a new fly (with numb hands and a groggy mind- coldness does that to me) when I heard "SPLOOSH". My rod slipped out from under my arm and into the swift current. We both tried feeling the bottom with our feet but the rod was gone. Realizing hypothermia was probably setting in we called it a day and went back to my friends house.

Two weeks later we went back to that spot and were fishing again (the water was much lower and slower) and as we waded out to cast my friend says,"How much will you give me if I find your rod?" I laughed and started casting. A few minutes later he hooks into something (he figures it's a treebranch) and lo and behold, up comes my rod all sandy and covered with leaves. He hooked it at the stripping guide!

Sorry for the long post.

I caught a clam once.

Strangest thing I've ever seen caught?

When I was younger I saw a guy fishing next to me reel

in an old five dollar bill.