Fly Tying
uffepuffe

Weaved caddis larva

Looks great. I'm just afraid that if I try weaving, it will lead me down a path to crocheting and knitting! :bugeyes:

;)

Nice stuff Uffe!! Over weaving with a second color like that gives it depth!!

Thanks everyone! Here's a try at one with gills... had do do it USD because the segments were to tight on the underside because of the bend of the hook, but it looks rather funky anyway I think!

IPB Image

You have done a fantastic job on those flies. Over the past year I have become very interested in weaving flies and those give me further reason to keep working at it. I will be very interested in your additioinal information on technique and materials. I am always looking for new ideas and these really help.

winefly

Hey Uffe, That weave looks cool.... did you use two strands for one side and a single strand for the other?? I like how you kept the weave kind of loose too. Weaving can be fun, but it gets tedious sometimes...

Thanks you all!

Dark Hopper, your blog is great and the photos you have there is mind blowing!

Winefly, thank you! I will try to put a step-by-step out for this pattern soon, I would love to see any weaved flies of yours aswell!

JRG, I used one strand on each side, a dark and a light coloured. I agree, weaving is fun for the first 3-4 flies then I like to do someting else :)