Fly Tying
troutnabout

Project Healing Waters Challenge Swap

O.K. here it is. Kerry has officially retired from the challenge swaps. I thought I would pick up the baton. This time,the challenge is not about materials its about a physical handicap. Im working with vets with disabilities teaching them to cast and tie flies. They amaze me with thier ability to compensate for thier injuries . So I thought I'd give you a taste of thier world. The swap is open to the first eight who respond with an I'm in. Due date is November 30th. Any fly you want but you must use only a hemostat or pliers in one of your hands instead of your fingers. Please tie four extra and I'll donate then to the various PHW chapters across the US. i'm gonna see about having them post pics and a brief article on the PHW website Good luck!

SWAP IS CLOSED

Challenge Swap Due November 30th

1. Troutnabout: Orange Stimulator

2. Joe King : received

3. Spanky : received

4. ChrisFish : received

5. Inconnu : en route

6. DrVette : received

7. Hoosierflytier : TBD

8 Peddler :TBD

As an uninjured Veteran (Air Force) I could not pass up this swap. I beleive you are talking about using one hand and one hand with a hemostat. I recently was injured and had to finish a swap using only one hand so that is the way I will do this one. One-Handed.

Ooh Rah! Semper Fi! Marine Corps! (12 1/2 years)

I would like to join in on this and would like to suggest one further criteria. I think it would be great if each of us put a few(choose a number) extras in and you could use the extras to create a set to donate to one of the veterans that you are working with. I don't know how many guys/gals you are working with directly, but for me, its a small sacrifice compared to what they have given.

Count me in!

Spanky

I'm in. i'll go with joeking and only use my left hand. I know about loosing some things in war, but nothing like these brave men and women have sacrificed. I realy hope the extras inspire a smile.

Extra flies for the Vets Sure I'm in :thumbsup: :thumbup: :clapping:

we need an American flag emoticon

I would love to do it but let me try to tie with my hands first. I need to see if I can come up with something doable. does it matter if its fresh or salt?

I would love to do it but let me try to tie with my hands first. I need to see if I can come up with something doable. does it matter if its fresh or salt?

Hey: glad your considering joining. Any pattern salt or fresh,any size. Good luck.

I want to try this one! Since i only have one good eye and still cast single handed due to tearing my arm up years ago i might just have a leg up. But i want to find some-thing simple and tie it with-out any dirrect hand use...hemos and pliers... i like the chalenge there.

I will try a couple and see which pattern comes out best.

I'll try to get them done by Nov. 30. I'm basically one-handed right now after rotator cuff surgery, so I won't be "faking" it.

I'm getting some adapters made so I can have my vise in front of me at belt level (where my sling has my hand).

What a GREAT idea. Especially donating the extras to P.H.H.

We're having the introductory meeting of a Project Healing Waters "chapter" next Saturday at the Indpls. VA hospital.

Looking forward to helping those who have given so much for me and for you and for us.

a.