Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
Houndog

Cedar Waxwing

This has to be my favorite bird, at least non predatory :)

Taken this summer at a friends camp, the grey background is the Miramichi River (very out of focus). The 'branch' the waxwing is on is actually a stick on a woodpile.

321161175_xYnqe-O.jpg

Wow!

That's a beautiful shot; it looks like a post card. Good job! Take care & ...

Tight Lines - Al Beatty

www.btsflyfishing.com

When I was about 8 or 9 years old, we had a neighbor come over to the house and "complain" to my father that the neighborhood kids (i.e. my brother and I) had maliciously picked ALL the red berries off his Pyracantha or Firethorn shrubs, http://hgic.clemson.edu/factsheets/HGIC1072.htm

It seemed that he loved his bushes with the fiery red berries and was quite offended that someone would deface his property in such a manner.

After my father explained that no child in his right mind would attempt to brave the Pyracantha's vicious thorns, just to pick the bitter tasting berries, especially deep into the bush, my father walked the still unbelieving neighbor out into our yard where several hundred cedar wax wings were weaving though our Pyracantha bushes and quickly devouring all OUR pretty red berries.

After that the neighbor was a little nicer to my brother and me but not a whole lot nicer!

:lol:

Bowfin47

Thanks for the comments! Bowfin47 that was an entertaining read :)

The camera works well, and it was nice to have such a patient subject.