Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
TheBigLost

Ploar bear hair on Ebay

I have inherited an incredible fly fishing and tying collection, but most of it I will never use (tons of it is Atlantic salmon fly tying materials, hair, tinsel, and feathers)

I have put some polar bear hair on Ebay for auction.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Real-Polar-Bear-hair-f...%3A1|240%3A1318

It will run until November 20th.

Also if anyone wants to trade some stuff I am totally up for that, but it will have to be rods and reels and line or something of that sort since I am now set for life on tying materials.

If this is not the right area to post this thread please advise.

Thanks for your time!

BigLost

TheBigLost...there is a Trading Floor Forum on the main page....however, I think there is a minimum post count to offer anything on the forum. Other than that, I'm jealous.... :thumbsup:

If he didn't have proof that it was a pre ban (1972) hide, it's illegal to sell and ebay probably removed it. This is not something to mess around with, it will cost you (and possible jail time) for possession of banned material. Ignorance is no excuse, and it's up to you to prove the source. Be careful as a buyer, you to can be fined for illegal material.

LOL, the Bay took it off.

It's funny because I've seen polar bear (without a preban certificate) sell on ebay before.

Ahh well, I'll just learn to tie with it!

Thanks guys.

Bear Products: Bears and bear products (for example, bear teeth, claws, and rugs) are not permitted on eBay.

Answers the question..hehehe

NWStreamer is right on the button. You could be fined and possibly incarcerated. My father inlaw informed me that it's a serious crime to possess polar bear hair and that if i am asked I know nothing bout nothin. . so the answer is no i don't know nothin bout no bar hair ocifer! and I am sure you don't either anymore. correct?

Since your hair is from an old collection it was probably from a time when it was legal to buy sell etc. Since it is before the ban it is still fine to have and use.

I have polar bear hair that I bought over the internet this summer, and I see that a local shop had some (labels still on the shelf) but is currently out of stock. It seems there are currently ways to legally buy the hair.

I think I'll hold on to it.....LOL

it is from a 60+ year old collection but I have no proof it's from pre-ban years.

How crazy is that.

The only reason I put it on Ebay is because I watched 2 patches sell a few months back and thought...."Hmmm I don't use that stuff anymore and @ $50 per patch I could buy me a new reel or sumpin sumpin"

It's true that being uneducated is no excuse.

So now I'm educated and I feel a lot better....and by the way, what were we talkin about?..*wink

I have polar bear hair that I bought over the internet this summer, and I see that a local shop had some (labels still on the shelf) but is currently out of stock. It seems there are currently ways to legally buy the hair.

Houndog,

Here in Canada it is perfectly legal to posess polar bear hair, most shops of any size routinely have it on the shelf.

Houndog,

Here in Canada it is perfectly legal to posess polar bear hair, most shops of any size routinely have it on the shelf.

That's good to know, thanks :)

The Big Lost,

You obviously don't have a clue what you have there. :bugeyes: If I had say a little patch of it, I would treasure it and only use it for flies I use for myself. :devil:

Rick (mtgrizzly52)