Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
Claudia

My first spey

Wow, Claudia! You should post this fly in the Classic and Artistic category on the Classic Fly Tying Forum. I know for a fact that the "regulars" would really appreciate this Spey!

John

Wow, Claudia! You should post this fly in the Classic and Artistic category on the Classic Fly Tying Forum. I know for a fact that the "regulars" would really appreciate this Spey!

John

Thank you John.

I guess i could do that when im done with my second spey.

Regards Claudia

I found a flaw! if you zoom in on the 3rd rib there is a slight kink visible in one of the ribs! But you have to look hard and use some imagination! OUTSTANDING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! My first spey looked more like a woolybugger with a wing...

I found a flaw! if you zoom in on the 3rd rib there is a slight kink visible in one of the ribs! But you have to look hard and use some imagination! OUTSTANDING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! My first spey looked more like a woolybugger with a wing...

day5, you have me laughing

Jep, I totaly see that. i corrected my mistake and took a new picture

Hope you know you are very funny

Claudia

Ps. you can open the pictures in paint to get them realy big Ds.

post-11348-1227462484_thumb.jpg

Claudia the only thing i see. after i am awake now from driving all night from my sons playoff football game.

Is the wing is tied on forward from the throat leaving a void white spot and on speys and dees you should have a counter rib our counter hackle

outhe than that it is AWESOME

Rocky

Claudia the only thing i see. after i am awake now from driving all night from my sons playoff football game.

Is the wing is tied on forward from the throat leaving a void white spot and on speys and dees you should have a counter rib our counter hackle

outhe than that it is AWESOME

Rocky

Hi Rocky.

Hope youre sons footbal game went well and that you had a good days sleep.

Thank again for helping me, im working on my second just now and i will make the inprovements you so kindly tell me. This time i cant correct the misstakes on this one, but i sure can inprove on the next :)

Claudia I'm very impressive of your first spey and is very good especially how like first spey . You have big talent in your fingers and I can't to wait your second spey. Sorry for my English :wallbash:

The second one... I was happy with the body and hackle, i went for an overwing and i took water above my head, the patterns in the woodduck is out of line and it bugged me so much that i allready cut it up . to morrow morning im going on a weeks hollyday jubbiiii

Happy thanksgiving to you all

Regards Claudia

Ps, Thanks RexHunt, youre english is fine :)

post-11348-1227481668_thumb.jpg

Your flies are always an honor to see........no matter what hook they are tyed on......... B)

Your second spey is FANTASTIC! VERY creative and imaginative............so YOU. :D

Btw, Steve Silverio gave me a fly today and a brand new idea to try out.............and THIS is gonna be fun. One of my very favorite "Classic" fly tyers, and people whom i've been fortunate to meet and get to know just a bit over the years.................is Marvin Nolte. Marvin designed a fly that Steve has since mastered as well. The fly Steve gave me is a Marvin Nolte design and tyed by Steve...........it uses CDC in a very unique and (as far as i knew until today), brand new way. The fly Steve gave me and that Marvin designed is on bout a size 7 hook.....(somewhere right in there), but i am goin' to take the design and "Expand" it and tye in that style on a MUCH larger hook and take it way out there. :P So, on that note.....i bought a whole new stash of CDC feathers, (from Marc Petitgean) that are much longer than you'll usually find, and all are dyed in Brilliant Steelhead colors..... :) .......i can't wait to get at it. In fact, i will experiment with the design at the next show. Wish me luck. mark..... ;)

First spey... Oh no! I'm throwing away my vise , tools and materials.

I'm not tying any more flies. ;) :)

Claudia, phantastic spey flies. Beatiful colors. Great ribbing and body profile.

Great job. The body looks like old pirate treasures.

It's been a pleasure watching Your spey flies. :)

Paul

Thanks Paul, but please dont throw youre stuff away keep on tying youre flies are fantastic work every time.

Hi Mark

Thanks

Im now back from the woods :shifty:

i guess its a little bit late to wish you good luck and im pretty sure you had a great time trying out youre new stuff.

Regards C

Go to http://www.kodakgallery.com/misakoishimura :D At the shows in Danbury, Conn. & Somerset, N.J. i only tyed Trout flies......cause i was with the Catskill Fly Tyers Guild.........and we generally just do that. But i'm gonna work on the new idea at the show a week from now in Mason, Michigan. CAINT WAIT! Nice to have you back, mark..... ;)

Jens woke my intrest, and iv been reading abit and looking at Mices speys for some time now , this is my first one.

Claudia

Hi Claudia

I am glad I woke you up. Beautifull fly.

Now I only need to push you into the Federation of Fly Fishers Denmark :rolleyes:

By the way do you fish with your flies or are you only a fly tyer ???

regards

Jens

Jens woke my intrest, and iv been reading abit and looking at Mices speys for some time now , this is my first one.

Claudia

Hi Claudia

Now I only need to push you into the Federation of Fly Fishers Denmark :rolleyes:

regards

Jens

Hej Jens.

Jo da :) nok fisker jeg ... i fish all my flies, i started fly fishing this year the 29/2. sins then iv been fishing or practesing every day with my Orvits T3. my Orvits is an extention of my own arm by now, i started practesing a Scierra 2hand 17/4, and i still fight and struggle that 14 foot... Hehe, its so long i can skratch gods a.. with it hehe.

"home waters" are; Finjasjön, Helge å, Yngsjö were iv been spinnfishing sins i whas a little girl. Over here in dk iv been fishing in odense å, coast line just outside cph og tangvej but mostly put and take in Lynge drive in. its easyer to go home to sweden were i know my waters like my own back pocket (its hard to find new water alone)

I will bee a member in FFF soon, i promice.

(personlige orsager er forsinket mig)

Regards Claudia

Claudia

Hi Claudia

regards

Jens

Hej Jens.

Jo da :) nok fisker jeg ... i fish all my flies, i started fly fishing this year the 29/2. sins then iv been fishing or practesing every day with my Orvits T3. my Orvits is an extention of my own arm by now, i started practesing a Scierra 2hand 17/4, and i still fight and struggle that 14 foot... Hehe, its so long i can skratch gods a.. with it hehe.

"home waters" are; Finjasjön, Helge å, Yngsjö were iv been spinnfishing sins i whas a little girl. Over here in dk iv been fishing in odense å, coast line just outside cph og tangvej but mostly put and take in Lynge drive in. its easyer to go home to sweden were i know my waters like my own back pocket (its hard to find new water alone)

I will bee a member in FFF soon, i promice.

(personlige orsager er forsinket mig)

Regards Claudia

Hi Claudia

That will be a smart move. We actually have a lot of members in the Copenhagen area (solving transportation issues). Last year we had both coastal fishing trip and casting instruction near Copenhagen and I can tell you that there will be a great program for 2009. The program is not released yet but will be before Christmas.

Regards

Jens