Fly Tying
mouse6196

Advice on a Griffin Cam Vise

I have a chance to get a Griffin Cam Vise (Odyssey). I've never used this vice myself. Can anyone give me an honest review of pros and cons. The price I'm getting it for is half of the retail so it's hard to turn down.

thanks

The tension adjustments are kind of hard to get the feel of. otherwise it is a good vise. Great jaws!!! 50% off its a good deal. 60 bucks?

I havent used that model but I have used a griffin Montana Pro and that cam lever is great, but I do think the cam is slightly different with these two vices. Griffin has a darn good warranty also.

It's a good deal for the money. It was my first Travel vise because it can get really compact in a hurry. The Griffin People really back their product. You won't be sorry. And Day 5 is right on about the jaws.

You won't be disappointed for that kind of dough...

Ran out and got it this evening before reading the replies. I only paid $45 CND for it so I couldn't go wrong. It may be my new travel vise as stated, it gets pretty compact. I'm off to try it out now.

Thanks for the input all.

mouse you won't be dissapointed. I have the same exact vice and I love it. It is small doesn't take up a whole lot of space and lifetime guarantee. I got mine on sale also. I have tied on the renzetti's and dyna kings, they are all awesome vises, but I just didn't have the cash at the time to purchase one of those. Good luck and if you have any questions about the vise just let me know.

mouse i purchased the odessey spider about 3 months ago from griffin and love it.Wish i would have gotten it sooner.

shane

Well I spent 3 hours on the new vise and I LOVE IT. Those jaws are incredible. I'm pretty aggressive when spinning material like deer hair and the hooks just don't budge. Thanks for all the input guys. I have to get back to the vise now...

I've been considering a Griffin Vise for a couple of months. The two I'm looking at are the Blackfoot Mongoose and the Odyssey Cam Vise, it's my understanding the only difference is one can be changed to a pedestal if desired. So far, I've only found them at Cabelas for about $145.00. Is there a better price out there? Are there better vises for the same money?

I'm quite the novice as a fly tier but I do enjoy endeavor.

I'm not really a bait fisherman, flies mostly and sometimes I switch to spinners etc.

I was lucky for the price I got but up in Canada, the Odyssey Cam vise usually sells for about $140-150. If you shop around, I'll bet you'll find a deal. try shows or ebay. I've now had the Cam vise for a while and I have to say it's great. I have no complaints and it's one tough little vise. I endorse it %100.