Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
Fred H.

Fishable Cricket

post-11886-1230521000_thumb.jpgHere is a fishable House cricket.Though I went off of a photo specimen the techniques used

were invented and relayed to me by David Martin .It's not as nice as his but here is my humble attempt. This is a very durable fly and should stand up to many ,many takes by even toothy fish.

Sturdy material is replacing more delicate realistic materials but I don't think it takes away from the overall appearance.

Hey Fred,

Your cricket looks awesome....the photo is a bit blurry but it says enough (I would like to see more detail in a better photo though...no offence).

Now since Adres keeps us in the dark about how he made the thing ;) any chance you will tell us how you did it?

Greets Paul.

Sweet Fred, Looks real. Do you need a slightly larger gape hook?

Cheers, Futzer.

Hi guys , thanks for the comments.

The techniques used in this fly are not of my design. I am hoping to get David to sell

some of his tying cds . All his flies are made using the same techniques and only a handful of

common materials available anywhere. What makes this technique so appealing to me is that

every pattern can be made a fishable or super realistic just by adding or not adding details.

But every fly is super durable.

Fred

Nice tie Fred :thumbup: How long did it take you to tie it? Looks great to fish :headbang: not that I would want to. :unsure: