Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
Satchmo

Spring Cleaning Swap

All flies shipped out. Thanks to all who participated!

For this swap the participants won't have to tie a single fly....yes you heard me, not one.

So here's the skinny, this will be a fun opportunity to "swap" out some flies from your bulging fly boxes and pass them along to your fellow fly fisher.

Im sure Im not alone here, alot of us have had many times that we have tied a pattern, maybe a whole row of something that perhaps we got the color wrong or the size for a particular hatch we tried to immitate wasn't right for the naturals, or maybe you just lost your confidence in a fly that works but since it didn't work on that one fish that one time it sits in your flybox never to be selected again, yet too pretty to be toss in the trash. I know that would be sacrilige. Whatever the reason Im sure we all have a dozen flies that we can pass along, so here's the chance to take the high road.

First 12 with "I'm In" join

The rules are simple:

1. Select 12 flies that you could do without. They do not have to be the same pattern. (you will NOT be receiving one of your own in return and I am including myself in the swap so there will be a total of 13 swappers)

2. They MUST be trout flies. (wet, dry, streamers, eggs I dont care just so long as they are trout specific)

3. They MUST be fishable flies. (no damaged flies, no rust, no banged up hook points, no bent open hooks...ect)

4. Toe tag your flies with your name, no recipes or fancy tags required, this is a work free swap and a name is required so that when i divided them back up you dont get your own back.

5. SASE required, make sure you box and mail your flies according to the swap rules. If you don't know the rules please familarize yourself with them.

6. Enjoy recycling!

Since all you have to do is pick 12 flies, stick your name on em and mail em off to me we'll make this a 2 week swap. Flies in my hand 2 weeks after the last person joins. I will post the "in my hand" deadline after the last person is in.

Thanks and have fun

Satchmo

1. Satchmo

2. Spike188 Address Sent Received

3. Mikey99 Address Sent Received

4. 2bonthewater Address Sent Received

5. djmyers Address Sent Received

6. the saltydog Address Sent Received

7. lostlure Address Sent Received

8. Mr. Steelhead Address Sent Received

9. 1973derecks Address Sent Received

10. Mnorton Address Sent Received

11. DAP Address Sent Received

Id get in but I dont tie very many trout flies since I am nowhere near trout waters. Hence I dont have a dozen or so trout flies lying around. Very cool idea though! J74snook

I'm IN...........already looked through the boxes to see if I had any "that would be better off in somebody else's hands"

This is definately a great swap idea..................!!!!! :headbang:

the flies I have selected are not junk..........and I would think nobody else would SWAP JUNK.........................the flies certainly have caught trout..........

Glad to have you guys.

Ok peoples, lets not drag this out, show the world you care and join up.

If I see loosing intrest in this swap I'll be forced to bump this thread with pictures of hippies, and tree huggers, and various other socalist!

this is my first swap....." I'm in ".

Just tell me where to send things along to. :yahoo:

Maybe if we post what we will be sharing...........maybe more folks would care to join in............or just let the few folks who would like to do the swap.............do the swap.............don't think we would have to cancel it........just share amongst who want to do it.............. :unsure:

I knew there were some kind souls here.

Ok, so to answer djmyers question, no they DO NOT need to be the same pattern.

Basically, this swap will provide two things. First, most of us collect too many flies and a this swap gives you an opportunity to pass along your unused flies. My second objective with this swap is to see what one fisherman calls junk another one of us calls treasure.

Flytree76, please read the posts that are at he the top of the page, these are the swap rules and information. When you have decide on which flies you will be sending just post a new reply in this thread asking for my address, I will send you my address in a private message, and because this is your first swap and we all want you to enjoy the swaps avalible here I will send you some info on proper swapping.

I would be happy to do the swap with however many people want to. I have a bunch of flies but not 12 of the same.......what about having 12 of anything and let the swapmiester decide.!!

:blink:

Maybe if we post what we will be sharing...........maybe more folks would care to join in............or just let the few folks who would like to do the swap.............do the swap.............don't think we would have to cancel it........just share amongst who want to do it.............. :unsure:

Good point 2bon, Ill leave this up for ten days at the end of ten days Ill call it and whomever is here is here. Ill admit I expected a non tying swap to fill fast.