Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  

Streamside Nymph

Wow, Eric, those look great. I love the look of the pine version, but that hickory version is drop dead gorgeous! It looks like you've got a great portable tying station.

Thanks Ray, That hickory was left over from a cabinet I built last year and I learned why you don't see too many things made from it, it's HARD. I could hardly sand it and to get a really nice glass smooth finish the only way I did it was with cabinet scrapers and tons of work. That one will not be for sale. I really like the oak, it has a great classic look and it machines up just fine. I can't wait to see what kind of response it gets at the MFFC show next weekend, that will tell the tale.

Come on SPRING!!, Eric

LOL yeah they are nice to tie on. I have one loaded up and ready to grab at any time. Usually it's just for a quick session out of the basement(where my tying area is).

Hey thanks for the kind words guys. To be honest I haven't been doing much with these as the economy seems to have put the clamps on any unnecessary spending by most folks. I do have some of these in stock but I haven't made any in a year due to a lack of interest.

It has been an unusual couple of years, Normally I' sell a 1-2 dozen of my full sized benches, I sold one this year that I had in stock from the last batch. If anyone is interested in getting one let me know, I can whip out a batch and have them ready in about a week. I'll check my inventory on the Nymph's and see what I have on hand.

Sawcat