Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
tryingtoflyms

Suede Yarn?? Going to give it a try.

Was with the wife in a store last night, came across some potential tying materials.

It was on sale $1.50 a roll.

Lion® Suede Yarn

Article # 210

A luxuriously soft yarn with the look and feel of suede. Perfect for knit or crocheted garments, accessories and home fashions – or just for adding a fringe or edging. Lion Suede is machine washable and is available in 23 richly elegant colors.

I got the Canyon Print, thought it would make a nice looking Grand River Crawler, San Juan Worm, or Earth Worm..

All are in the database here.

Here is a pic of the yarn

210-201b.jpg

Anyone use this type of yarn?

Looks like it would make a great hat! Can I have mine with a pom pom on it?

looks like it could make a nice deep sinking wooly bugger.

My wife told me that yarn is just another type of chenille. I have seen it when she buys yarn. Something else that may help everyone. My wife brought home a CLEANED OUT lice comb. it has been great for cleaning out deer hare. Mine has a hole in it that I mounted to the side of my table to make it hands free. Oh and she want credit for it and reminds me when she wants something. <_<

My wife told me that yarn is just another type of chenille. I have seen it when she buys yarn. Something else that may help everyone. My wife brought home a CLEANED OUT lice comb. it has been great for cleaning out deer hare. Mine has a hole in it that I mounted to the side of my table to make it hands free. Oh and she want credit for it and reminds me when she wants something. <_<

Use a cleaned lice comb to, I was going to toss after my son's school gave the all clear. Boiled it then let it sit in some rubbing alcohol for 2 days just to be safe. I saw the suede chenlle at A.C. Moore as well.

easternfly-- you are in the clear, my friend. Tell your wife I have been using a louse comb for fly tying at least 25 years.

I looked at the suede chenille and it looks as if it will hold a LOT of water making flies pretty heavy to cast... no more than bunny strips though. I was in the auto-parts store today and thought I found a mother load of improvised fly stuff.... they had a wash mitt made of perfect chartreuse chenille-like "fingers" about an inch and a half long. I needed a wash rag anyhow, so I bought it. The stuff holds water better than a sponge. I know there will be fly applications for it, but the flies are gonna be heavy.