Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
mdntn

Small Fly Swap

When you get my box of flies... I am the dumasz that forgot to put toe tags on the flies. Doh!!! I was so preoccupied with getting the right box and the return envelope that I forgot to tag w my name, and Fly name. Please, mdntn, could you tag them for me?

I call it a "Two tone Sparkle Dun" Thanks for hosting and maybe I can get this simple rule thru my thick skull..... :wallbash:

When you get my box of flies... I am the dumasz that forgot to put toe tags on the flies. Doh!!! I was so preoccupied with getting the right box and the return envelope that I forgot to tag w my name, and Fly name. Please, mdntn, could you tag them for me?

I call it a "Two tone Sparkle Dun" Thanks for hosting and maybe I can get this simple rule thru my thick skull..... :wallbash:

Been there and almost done that. I was so excited about doing my first swap that I forgot to tag my flies, I remembered about two seconds before sealing the envelope. :blink:

hEY A LISTEN, thERES BEEN A LITTLE PROBLEM WITH THE POSTAGE, I cant send a pre-paid envelope to the U.S. because I live in Canada (thats what the mailman said at least) So I son't know what to do. I know I shouldn't send money for you to pay but I don't exactly know what other sort of way I could have the postage paid. And I don't have acces to american stamps.

Help me out guys!

hEY A LISTEN, thERES BEEN A LITTLE PROBLEM WITH THE POSTAGE, I cant send a pre-paid envelope to the U.S. because I live in Canada (thats what the mailman said at least) So I son't know what to do. I know I shouldn't send money for you to pay but I don't exactly know what other sort of way I could have the postage paid. And I don't have acces to american stamps.

Help me out guys!

It's up to mdntn, but one option would be to put the postage inside the envelope for mdntn to use for a future swap he might be in with a Canadian Address. mdntn could then apply US postage to your return envelope. Just a thought. Again it would be mdntn's decision on how to handle this. I sent flies to Canada a couple of weeks ago and it cost me $1.21 US, so figure about a $1.50 Canadian. US stamps cost $0.42 so I always use 4 just to be safe.

Help me out guys!

Another way to do the postage thing is by using international reply coupons IRC s, see the sticky at the top of the forum. I was at the postoffice and the person at the counter said they are good for 94 cents of return postage, so to use them andf pay for all the postage you would need to buy at least two. Im not sure but the last time i got them i think i paid $2 for each coupon, since then i just put money in the envelope when i send flies out of the country

the simplest solution is to just put some money in the package andf let the sm get the stamps, try calling your local bank and see if they have any american money,

Help me out guys!

lets make this easy just put 2 dollars Canadian in and I will just buy Amercian stamps and save the 2 dollars Canadian for the next time I am sending north.

MDNTN

No problem I will take care of that for you.

One of the best coin designs I've ever seen. When I was in Toronto I kept asking for them as change.