Fly Tying
breambuster

Bluegill Stillwater Nymph Swap

My flies are in the mail if they haven't gotten there yet.

Material List:

Hook: Size 10 streamer hook for easy removal (the fly is mainly tied on the front half of the hook shank but the extra length makes removal from fish lips easier)

Thread: Rusty Dun 6/0

Weight: 6 wraps of .025 lead wire

Tail: Olive marabou

Flashback: Pearl Tinsel

Rib: Copper wire

Abdomen: Olive Dubbing

Eyes: Olive Mono

Legs: Olive Mini Centipede Legs

Thorax: Olive Dubbing

Hopefully they catch everyone a lot of fish!

Thanks,

Chad

BB:

I have about 100 flies to get done by the weekend. Yours are next! I will be doing a version of the venerable Bugger. However this on is tied with a single feather. this includes the tail and the body. I will also be using some "antique" hackle that was stored by a fly shop for about 45 years.

They will be in the mail on Friday.

Frank aka Student4evr

I received flies today from Rich5665 and from Pike-Hunter. Both sets of flies look terrific! This is shaping up to be a great swap. Just wait until you see these!

Take care

BB

I LIED!!! :rolleyes: :rolleyes: WE are fishermen after all!! It takes 2 feathers to tie it in this way. However it can be done with just 1. The profile is just different. It doesn't have the taper.

Frank aka student4evr

post-12269-1243588565_thumb.jpg

post-12269-1243588597_thumb.jpg

Andrew's flies arrived yesterday. Today is the suggested deadline for all the flies to be here, but there are still a few sets out. As soon as I get them all in, I'll get them divided up and back in the mail to everyone. Thanks again, to all of you for participating in this swap.

Take care

BB

I got flies today from Fliesandfish. Very nice tie. I can see using it as a dropper under some type of foam fly.

There are 3 sets still out. Student4evr's are either in the mail, or will be soon. I need to hear from Matt W and Willhunsaker about the status of your flies, please.

Take care

BB

I got flies today from Fliesandfish. Very nice tie. I can see using it as a dropper under some type of foam fly.

There are 3 sets still out. Student4evr's are either in the mail, or will be soon. I need to hear from Matt W and Willhunsaker about the status of your flies, please.

Take care

BB

Mine are set to go but could you confirm your Addy for me. I have an envelope I used in the last swap but it looks like someone crossed out the addy I used.

If you get this to me this morning(West Coast) I can still hit the mail.

Frank aka Student4evr.

Just to let everyone know, I got the correct addy and the bugs hit the mail in time on Saturday. :lol2:

Frank aka Student4evr

ok i was on vacation in north carolina andgot back yesterday my flys are in the mail today sorry for being late :D

Since we are over a week since the due date for the flies, I thought I had better give everyone an update on our status. I'm still waiting for flies from Student4evr, Willhunsaker and Matt W. Student4evr puts his flies in the mail last week and should be here any day. Willhunsaker's flies came back to him and his sending them to me priority mail, and should be here soon also. I've tried a number of times to get in touch with Matt W with no success. If any of you know how to get in touch with him, other than PM's, please ask him to get in touch with me. When I get the flies that are already in the mail, and if I haven't heard from Matt by that time, I'll close the swap and send you all your sets. Since there will be one left over, unless Matt gets his in, I'll send your extra fly back to you unless I hear otherwise.

Take care

BB

It looks like there is something going on with the mail.

I just got my flies back labeled "refused". :dunno:

I am willing to send them again. But maybe you should check with your post office and find out what is going on.

Frank aka Student4evr

I'll check with the PO tomorrow. In the meantime, check your PM box. Make sure you have the address correct.

BB

I am really sorry. I had a brain fart and only corrected half the addy. :dunno: :wallbash: :wallbash: :dunno: :dunno: :dunno: I put the package back in the mail this morning with expedited postage.

I hope the flies are worth the wait :(

Frank aka Student???4evr

Willhunsaker's flies arrived today! :yahoo: Fed Ex - Overnight! Great looking flies, Will. Only Student4evr's flies and Matt's are still out. Student's flies are in the mail, expedited shipping and still no word from Matt. If I haven't heard from him by the time Student's flies get here, I'll ship them all right back out to everyone ASAP.

Take care

BB