Fly Tying
dontheo

Mustad size 32 hook

I went looking in my oversized collection of hooks, I have some 94842 in size 28 which is an up eye and some 94840 sz 28 which is a 1x fine - I think they shouldn't be hard to find. The TMC size 32's (which I use a lot) are probably twice the size of the mustad 28. I'm not sure if you are interested in the mustad 28s, but if you are PM me and I'll drop some in the mail to you.

I've seen three Mustad size 32 hooks in my life. One I used to tie a fly for Hans Weilenmann's "Smallest Fly Project" back in 2004. The other two I passed on to other folks participating in the "project" that had broken or lost the hooks Hans sent them. I did buy some of the Tiemco size 32's, even tied a couple flies on them and caught a couple of fish with them. I sorted through my tiny hooks and picked out a few that I'm pretty sure are the size 32's. They may be 30's. You are welcome to them. Send me your address and I'll mail them to you. There are no twelve step programs for this.

OK. Local. I'll try to get them in the mail tomorrow or Wednesday. So what creeks do you fish around here? I've had decent luck on Ridley and Valley on midges tied on size 20 and size 22 TMC 2488's.

Ghartung1, I put the hooks in the mail this afternoon. You fish south and west of me. Closest I get to that area is Chester Creek.

Just found this thread, I buy a lot of old/odd Mustad hooks from kenhook.se, they have great prices and do requests, I have gotten hooks from as far back as mid 1930' s