Fly Tying
Fred H.

Invitation swap Due June 15th

Don't mean to thread jack here, but i had to jump in with a high five for Fred! Your realistics are mind numbing man, amazing job!! :cheers:

What a fantastic swap you guys have on on the go!

Thanks Yellow Bomber. With the group that's in this swap , I didn't want to send them a ordinary swap fly. As you can see by what Day 5 sent these guys send the best because that's what they tie.

Fred

Got Verno's a little late because of the holiday. But here they are. the picture hardley does them justice. Great flies and thanks for the extras.

Fredpost-11886-1243385417_thumb.jpg

Fred do you have my flies yet?

Yes, look at post #44 on page 3 of this thread.

Fred

Fred - I just finished tying my swap flies. I created a new pattern (Coppertone Blonde) which I think will fish very nicely. I need another day to finish all the details (painting the eyes, soaking/drying them to shape the minnow profile). I will make up toe-tags and hopefully get them in the mail to you later this week.

post-4573-1243444511_thumb.jpg

http://www.flytyingforum.com/pattern8616.html

Fred - I just finished tying my swap flies. I created a new pattern (Coppertone Blonde) which I think will fish very nicely. I need another day to finish all the details (painting the eyes, soaking/drying them to shape the minnow profile). I will make up toe-tags and hopefully get them in the mail to you later this week.

post-4573-1243444511_thumb.jpg

http://www.flytyingforum.com/pattern8616.html

Wow , those are some beauties Ray. It's going to be hard to put that in a frame . It's just begging to be fished.

Fred

They look even better when they are wet... :D

Here are a couple photos of the flies taken during their drying step. The colors of the hair wings blend together nicely. I decided to put the dark brown bucktail as the underwing to act as a lateral line.

post-4573-1243447396_thumb.jpgpost-4573-1243447470_thumb.jpg

Yup! They are just begging to go fishing...

The ants are ready to find new homes

post-11886-1243295693_thumb.jpg

Each will be shipped in its own clear plastic display signed and dated. This dosen't mean you can't fish them .

Fred

post-11886-1243295759_thumb.jpg

Beautiful Fred.

Fred, I'll have my flies finished, packaged, and shipped by Monday the 1st. Seeing all the flies so far makes me

quite happy I was invited to participate. Wooo Hooo indeed!

The Cunningham was one of Mary Orvis Marbury's Lake flies. Below is one of the flies I will be sending:

post-4404-1243643609_thumb.jpg

:bugeyes: Oh Man, that is beautiful, Mike! MOM would be so proud!

I can not wait to see everyone's flies in person. They all look great!

Fred - I can't wait to show your ant to my wife. She is SOOOoooo going to freak out... :devil: :D

Very nice Mike . Guys ,I think we're well on the way to the finest swap I have ever been involved in.

Fred

Great ties so far gentlemen!!! Here is my contribution ( a mosquito)... Hope it is up to par. Will send out Monday Fred. Josh

P1010016-1.jpg

Fred:

Thank you so much for putting this swap together. I took the time to look at your site and I can see that there is a bar much higher than I can reach, for now. And after watching the selection process for the participants in your swap I am reminded why I chose my moniker. Again I want to thank you for giving me a level to think about and plot my path to a more challenging level of skill and knowledge.

Frank aka Student4evr

Fred:

Thank you so much for putting this swap together. I took the time to look at your site and I can see that there is a bar much higher than I can reach, for now. And after watching the selection process for the participants in your swap I am reminded why I chose my moniker. Again I want to thank you for giving me a level to think about and plot my path to a more challenging level of skill and knowledge.

Frank aka Student4evr

Frank ,thanks so much for the kind words. I too am still learning and I hope what techniques that I can learn and pass on will help speed the learning process for others.

This swap came together very nicely and I am in awe with the flies I have allready seen , knowing there is still more to come. I think we will be seeing more Invitation swaps in the near future and the list of tyers will vary as much as the patterns. The anticipation of who would be picked by each tyer was fun and exciteting and added a little drama .

Fred