Fly Tying
Fred H.

Invitation swap Due June 15th

JoshP has accepted my invitation! Eleven down, one to go...

I've decided on a pattern. Heckham Red (classic wet fly) from Bergman's Trout.

John

Thanks for the invite John!! Honored to be among such good tyers! Think I'll tie up some classy dry fly.... maybe a gordon?? See who I can get. Josh

Thanks for the invite John!! Honored to be among such good tyers! Think I'll tie up some classy dry fly.... maybe a gordon?? See who I can get. Josh

JoshP , welcome to the swap . If John chose you , you must be a great tyer. I'll put you down

for a classic dry.

Fred

Hi fellas. My buddy Josh asked me to join so I'm in. This is my first swap so be gentle on me. Not sure what I'll tie,

but will update you when I can. Thanks for the honor to trade flies with all you fine tyers.

Mike Boyer

Good Day,

Got to say Fred... this is an interesting idea.

Steelie

Thanks steelie, I was hoping it didn't come off in a bad way. The last thing I wanted to do was offend someone.I can tell you though , with the quality of tyers in this swap , I doubt a fly will touch the water. The ones I recieve are going straight into a frame.

Fred

Hi fellas. My buddy Josh asked me to join so I'm in. This is my first swap so be gentle on me. Not sure what I'll tie,

but will update you when I can. Thanks for the honor to trade flies with all you fine tyers.

Mike Boyer

Mike glad to have you. I have to warn you fly swaps can be addicting.

Fred

Thanks steelie, I was hoping it didn't come off in a bad way. The last thing I wanted to do was offend someone.

*pout* thanks for not inviting me to play guys..... :crying:

J/K :hyst:

I'd like to see the flies posted for this one....

After checking my materials, I chose to tie the Cunningham, a Mary Orvis Marbury pattern. I'll tie the flies on old

blind eye Mustad 3371 1/0 hooks with gut eyes from Spanish gut twisted by myself. I'll get to work tomorrow!

Man oh man I'm jealous of you gus! This is a great idea, I might steal it one day hehehe :devil:

The ants are ready to find new homes

post-11886-1243295693_thumb.jpg

Each will be shipped in its own clear plastic display signed and dated. This dosen't mean you can't fish them .

Fred

post-11886-1243295759_thumb.jpg

Whether you target bass or trout . Day 5 has got us covered with this spidder grub and very nice stone.

post-11886-1243296989_thumb.jpg

P.S. Matt thanks for the extras. Fred

Don't mean to thread jack here, but i had to jump in with a high five for Fred! Your realistics are mind numbing man, amazing job!! :cheers:

What a fantastic swap you guys have on on the go!

Fred I must say that you my friend Have created one of the coolest ideas for a swap that I have seen. It really takes peoples skills and puts them to the test. I know that the guys on this swap are all grade A tyers and that each one of them is going to put that extra umph in each fly they tie. I will be stealing this idea for a future swap, hope you don't mind.

PS can we get a final pic of the finished collection?