Fly Tying

Size 10 -4????

Guess that rules out the 2/0 version I was going to tye.

:crying: :crying: :crying: :crying: :crying:

back to the bench!!!!!!!!!

Can't figure this one out, tried a bunch of different patterns on the weekend with foam but the foam keeps ripping, I even tried tying it with antron fibers that were thick and still no luck. I would hate to pull out at this time; does anyone have a hopper pattern that does not use foam?

And here I thought I was the only one. I'm trying to make the legs out of foam, for every three I make I break one. :wallbash:

Well I finally figured out my wet hopper pattern. It is a takeoff of Letumgo's hairy plopper with a little freak thrown in for good measure! I have received 3 sets and am happy with what I see! I am recuperating from knee surgery so I tye a little and read a little and tye a little and sleep a lot! Just no fishing! which sux but oh well more time at the vise is a good thing!

ibian,

I tied a version of the Michigan Skunk (Hopper). It's tied with a chenille body & elk hair or deer hair wing with rubber legs. There's a picture of it when you first log on to this site. I first saw it on a video by Kelly Gallop. He had high praises for it. I have not fished with it yet. However I will be using it this week. Obviously you're welcome to tye them.

Steve

Can't figure this one out, tried a bunch of different patterns on the weekend with foam but the foam keeps ripping, I even tried tying it with antron fibers that were thick and still no luck. I would hate to pull out at this time; does anyone have a hopper pattern that does not use foam?

May I suggest the Letort Hopper?

ibian,

I tied a version of the Michigan Skunk (Hopper). It's tied with a chenille body & elk hair or deer hair wing with rubber legs. There's a picture of it when you first log on to this site. I first saw it on a video by Kelly Gallop. He had high praises for it. I have not fished with it yet. However I will be using it this week. Obviously you're welcome to tye them.

Steve

That's funny I found this online yesterday and tied it last night, I changed it a bit I used the red tail, dark olive chenille and the elk hair was tied in 2 stages, (you'll see when you get one), I added a foam head like the clodhopper, black rubber legs with a red sparkle and I tied in a bright green foam strike indicator. I was really happy with the outcome. The best part was using elk hair on top of the foam head, this stopped the thread from cutting into the foam. Thanks

Ian

FTF......send addy....flies are nearly complete.

what ever happend the civilized PM? You huddlums!

R.M. Slayton

430 orange Ct.

Manteca CA 95336