Fly Tying
Scott V

Bluegill top water fly swap

Troll Man - Check over at the Clouser Swap as well, Littleman responded to your comment. That swap is still open also, the due date was pushed back till June 29. I'm not sure if you want to try two, but I think you'll find these swaps can be addicting.

Welcome aboard everyone and thanks for joining. The swap is full. Everyone ties 14 flies and then ships them to me in a self-addressed stamped envelope. Troll Man if you have any questions feel free to either post it here or PM me if you like, I am more than willing to help you out.

Mr. Burge I am glad to see you made it, on a side note I took a trip up to Alder Creek and the flows are still high but should be ready in about 2 or 3 weeks.

Mr. Burge I am glad to see you made it, on a side note I took a trip up to Alder Creek and the flows are still high but should be ready in about 2 or 3 weeks.

And Mr. V, great news. I am so ready for some elevation. BTW, be sure to ask me about the little piggies that bent my 3wt in half and broke my leader--twice--in our favorite pond ;-)

John

I think i have decided on a size 10 foam slider....

Foam is one of my favorite materials to use for bluegill flies, they last long and stay afloat longer than most other materials. My orange crush is made with foam as well.

Foam is one of my favorite materials to use for bluegill flies, they last long and stay afloat longer than most other materials. My orange crush is made with foam as well.

I hate to be a pain but I think I am gonna change my patter to a foam popper rather than the slider. the reason being while fishing today I couldnt pay for a bite on my sliders but as soon as the popper hit the water I couldnt keep them off...

I hate to be a pain but I think I am gonna change my patter to a foam popper rather than the slider. the reason being while fishing today I couldnt pay for a bite on my sliders but as soon as the popper hit the water I couldnt keep them off...

:hyst: :hyst: :hyst: :hyst: I was considering a foam popper myself, but may do a foam beetle or ant.

I personal feel, no one can have too many poppers in their box of flies. Poppers make noise and that is one of the main senses that attracts aggresive fish. Nothing like a wounded victim to attack.

I can tie them in a multitude of colors so if you guys that are also making poppers have decided on a color you should post it then I can choose a different one.

--Chad

I can tie them in a multitude of colors so if you guys that are also making poppers have decided on a color you should post it then I can choose a different one.

--Chad

I'm leaning heavily toward a Yellow Bream Popper size 10 or 12