Fly Tying
flytyinfreak

The first annual bait dunkers ball! (San Jaun worm swap)

Just a little teazer for you guys. This is my "san juan spiral" I thought that furling the chennille with a contrasting color would make it appear more alive and suggest movement but what do i know. Don't ask me where I came up with the idea,It was one of those "what if" things that just worked out. I've done some with differing shades of chenille, but thought I would try a contrasting pair to suggest more movement. Hope it work for you guys.

post-12017-1251396328_thumb.jpg

post-12017-1251396498_thumb.jpg

Just a little teazer for you guys. This is my "san juan spiral" I thought that furling the chennille with a contrasting color would make it appear more alive and suggest movement but what do i know. Don't ask me where I came up with the idea,It was one of those "what if" things that just worked out. I've done some with differing shades of chenille, but thought I would try a contrasting pair to suggest more movement. Hope it work for you guys.

post-12017-1251396328_thumb.jpg

post-12017-1251396498_thumb.jpg

I like em. Kind of a light meat dark meat option.

I knew this would happen... everyone elses is gunna be awesome and mine noooot so much. Maybe I relied to much on local influence - the fish here seem to like tiny worms.

Hey titan, a wurms a wurm. If your wurms catch fish then that's all that counts. sometimes simple is better. wait till you see the worms in the swap, I only see one or two maybe three (cuz there are alot of worms) that are really sophisticated ( wow I used a word with 5 syllables) holy crapalola batman!! My flies aren't hard to do. you take 2 pieces of chenille, pinch em together between your thumb and finger leaving about a 1/4 inch exposed. when you burn the ends with the flame, wait till you see a little flame start on the chenille and then quickly twist em together between your fingers, extinguishing the flame with your fingers (OUCH!). I then add a small drop of super glue. then I twist or furl the two pieces and let them spiral together. I then do another burn twist and glue. wah lah!!! San juan spiral! tye em on a hook and fish away!!!

I knew this would happen... everyone elses is gunna be awesome and mine noooot so much. Maybe I relied to much on local influence - the fish here seem to like tiny worms.

Dude, I'm in the same boat as you! I tied a simple San juan worm.Just wish i was a little more creative.

Guys,

Quit doggin yourselves. This is a SJW swap. You don't have to be "creative" to participate. Like FTF said, "a wurm's a wurm".

And remember, pretty flies catch guys, ugly flies catch fish. :D

16 sets in waiting on 3! Nobody begged in so it'e the 3 on the pening post with no red ink by their name. I will PM them and see whazup. hopefully I'll mail em out this friday but don't count on it due to late submissions.

Littleman dropped because soccer is 5 hours a day this week and he can't find the time to tye up 20 wurms. I guess when you wait till the week before the due date that's what you get! He's on notice and won't be able to participate in any of my future swaps. Ya know that whole screw me once, blah blah blah deal. still waiting on 2 replies. Not gonna wait this swap. which means I had better make sure I am ahead on all the swaps i'm in so I am not a hypocrite!

Well if Littleman is on a high school soccer team, I totally understand. Our team has two-a-days for 1 month even before school starts and then they have a game like every other day. So, if I ever host a swap with him in it I won't hold it against him. And be glad he has the decency to contact you instead of dropping out totally w/ no communication!

And be glad he has the decency to contact you instead of dropping out totally w/ no communication!

Thing is bro he never contacted me, I sent him a PM 2 days ago that the due date was here and he "replied".