Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
Arkansas Mike

Minor Disaster At The Vise Today

Hooks are easy to find, just go barefoot and if they are really tiny hooks have your wife come in barefoot... you will find them real quick... I promise this is a proven method ;)

Great procedure Salty, but it only worked one time at my house, now I am sequestered to the dungeon.

As for the shop vac method, at one time I kept all my beads in a large segregated container. When I say large think somewhere in the neighborhood of 10,000 plus beads of all sizes, I turned my chair and caught the edge of the box, open at the time of course and launched 90% of them onto a dark gray shag carpet. Necessity is the mother of invention.

Cheers, Jeff.

Arkansas Mike, I'll send a couple "magic tinsel/wire holders" with the flies in our Swapaholic Swap and see if rich would be so kind as to forward them on to you with your flies. Just trim to fit!

:cheers:

Arkansas Mike, I'll send a couple "magic tinsel/wire holders" with the flies in our Swapaholic Swap and see if rich would be so kind as to forward them on to you with your flies. Just trim to fit!

Thanks, yellow bomber. I really appreciate that.

Jeff... 10,000 plus beads!!! I panic when I drop 2 or 3. I'm such a newbie...

Mike

Hooks are easy to find, just go barefoot and if they are really tiny hooks have your wife come in barefoot... you will find them real quick... I promise this is a proven method ;)

Great procedure Salty, but it only worked one time at my house, now I am sequestered to the dungeon.

As for the shop vac method, at one time I kept all my beads in a large segregated container. When I say large think somewhere in the neighborhood of 10,000 plus beads of all sizes, I turned my chair and caught the edge of the box, open at the time of course and launched 90% of them onto a dark gray shag carpet. Necessity is the mother of invention.

Cheers, Jeff.

Yes I had a bead experience and then went to the craft story and bought a bunch of the bead boxes they have that are locking and and take 2 directional motions to open each compartment. You need to move more often then then you can avoid the creation of a dungeon, I just take over spare bedrooms!

Cheers, Jeff.

Yes I had a bead experience and then went to the craft story and bought a bunch of the bead boxes they have that are locking and and take 2 directional motions to open each compartment. You need to move more often then then you can avoid the creation of a dungeon, I just take over spare bedrooms!

Yessir, I learned my lesson with the bead box, I am locked and loaded so to speak. I am very happy in the dungeon, I have 600 Sq feet of tying freedom in a space that I can choose to have some messy-ness.

Thanks, Cheers, Jeff.

Go to the office supply store. If you go directly to the copy center, tell them you want 1" plastic binder strips. You should be able to buy them one by one depending on how many you need. Cut them into sections with two of the tabs. I think you can get like 6 our of a strip. Wrap one around your spool with the tag end between the two tabs. You can still pull material off, but it keeps it from unraveling.

Deeky

Jeff... 10,000 plus beads!!! I panic when I drop 2 or 3. I'm such a newbie...

Mike

Trust me Mike, I buy in bulk, so it is less than most think. I just use alot of space in the dungeon. Cheers, Jeff.

haha i was tying with flydude yesterday and that happened to me with the lead wire. he was crying from laughing so hard because he had just explained to me about this thread lol

:hyst: :hyst: :hyst: :hyst: :hyst: :hyst: Don't think the wife would find it funny though

No problem just add a note and I'll drop them in his return envelope.

No problem just add a note and I'll drop them in his return envelope.

Thanks a lot, fellas. I owe you one.