Fly Tying
Paul vd Driesche

Something else

Hey all,

It's a little cheesy....I know but I had to try one. I really like the way these bugs are lookin' around with their head slightly tilted....striking with the speed of light.

Anyway...this is what came out. I sacrificed my first mayfly to be his pray. I will try a female version sometime in the future since they look a little cooler with a more bulky body than the males.

Mantis.jpg

Mantis2.jpg

Mantis3.jpg

Maybe this will get me out of the corner of the stoneflies.

Bring it on......gently ;)

Greets Paul

Paul.....

Will be good if there are some close up shot...... so I can see the Mantis smiling and the mayfly showing the suffering face...... :bugeyes:

Awesome....... Great tie....

Will be good if there are some close up shot...... so I can see the Mantis smiling

Mantis don't smile, those are very cold blooded, very efficient hunters. :ph34r:

Great fly indeed. Not sure if any fish will risk eating it though. Would be quite a mouthful. :-)

Thnx guys,

I will try to make a good headshot but I'm not sure if I can get it right...if I can I'll post it.

You are probably right Denis....it will suck as a fishing pattern but it kicks ass as a realistic pattern. Most of my other realistic work is based on fish food but I couldn't help myself ;)

Greets Paul

Mantis don't smile, those are very cold blooded, very efficient hunters

What??! your trying to tell me mantis won't smile after a nice mayfly dinner? :lol:

SIck fly!!!

Hey boy! I know you do not like expresions like: GUAU!, OSTITU!, JOEEEEE...!, DE PUTA MADRE TIO!, so better if I do not mention them. LOL,LOL.

AndrésT.

Brilliant as always Paul, will try & see you at this years BFFI, I'll be there on the Saturday - most likely still in a wheelchair though this time around.

I thought it was a real mantis with an artificial in his arms, ..........................until I saw the hook! You said you sacrificed your first mayfly, and I thought you meant the mayfly appeared so real the mantis hit it. That dude is spectacular!!

Ray

Thanks guys :)

Arkle...I'm looking forward to the BFFI. It will be fun I'm sure. Please do come over and have a chat....or a beer ;)

Harold, Thanks for your reaction. Some reactions are even nicer than others and I'm really happy with yours ;)

Greets Paul