Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
uffepuffe

This seasons pike flies

Since this was the first summer in nine years that I didn't go away on a fishing trip to the north I took the opportunity to explore my home waters much more and needed a fresh set of flies to do it! Here's a some examples! :)

sDSC02658.jpg

sDSC02744.jpg

sDSC02578.jpg

sDSC02970.jpg

sDSC02874.jpg

sDSC02579.jpg

s_DSC02227.jpg

Cheers!

Ulf

Great flies Ulf. Though we dont have any pike where I live . But I use similar flies for saltwater. And your patterns would be killer on some big redfish.

THE FLY IN THE SECOND PHOTO is a great baitfish pattern for many species.Which is your most productive?

Fred

Looking great.

I especially like the one with the Chartreuse/ Lime Green color. I've always had luck with that color on pike.

But, they all look deadly. I'd be scared if I was a pike.

Good luck to ya! :thumbsup:

Thanks alot guys, no matter how much trout and grayling I fish I always find myself loving the local fishing for pike just as much.

Fred, of these I would say that the two green and yellow variants along with the baitfish have worked best... along with an ugly ass popper that I can't even show, LOL!

Taylor, I agree with you on that, green and yellow in any combination have always since the start of me flyfishing for pike been the best color for me!

Cheers!

Ulf

Good Day,

Would we expect anything less from the great Ulf? :bugeyes: Great work as usual. Hey do you mind going over the method for the heads, like on the baitfish for example? Thanks!

Steelie

Steelie, thanks! The head on that baitfish is dead easy, just a piece of razor foam folded so it becomes conical and glued together. Then tied in backwards on the fly, folded back and covered with 2-3 layers of epoxy

Ulf