Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
Alpinefly

Sno-Fly Modern Midges Celebration Swap !!!!

Buzzers have become very popular, and are imitative of Chironomid/midge larva !!!!!! Davey McPhail has a great tutorial of his Electric Blue Buzzer Pattern on You Tube !!!!! This tutorial can be used to help you tie many other Buzzer patterns; just change colors !!!! Try different color combos in your fishing !!!! Experiment !!!!!! You will soon find out why Buzzers have become so popular !!!!!!

Cheers & Tight Lines !!!!!

John (Alpinefly)

Below, a picture of one of my Buzzer Patterns !!!!!

Link to McPhail Blue Buzzer Tutorial : http://www.youtube.com/results?search_type...20Blue%20Buzzer

post-18775-1255712989_thumb.jpg

Address please, Rainbow Midge size 20 ready for shipment. Thanks for the swap.

Graham Owen has filled the #2 slot that was left by flytire !!!!! You will know Graham from his Photography Gallery and talent as a Realistic tyer (especially realistics from some very notable movies like the house Flies in "The Curious Case OF Benjamen Button); as well as excellent in many other styles of tying !!!!!!

Mark Olson, yes, if everyone else on the list is OK with this !!!!!! We have two that have finished there flies !!!!

This means that everyone would need to tie 14 midges !!!!!!!! Guys, let me know if this is OK with you !!!!! It is OK with me !!!!!!!

Mail in Deadline for the midges is December 8th !!!!!

Send midges, Toe Tagged and in a bubble mailer, with a self addressed and stamped bubble mailer inside to:

John Larson

2224 N. Camino Castile #1018

Tucson, Arizona 85715

Picture below is a #30 Baby Blow Fly (Adult Diptera Species)

post-18775-1255733288_thumb.jpg

The update is Mark Olson is in; has been added to the swap list !!!! Welcome Mark !!!!

That means you need to tie 14 midges !!!!!!!

I am really looking forward to seeing everyone's midge patterns !!! I hope you are too !!!!!!!!!

Cheers and Tight Lines !!!

John (Alpinefly)

Picture Below: A Black Midge Emerger !!!

post-18775-1255774345.jpg

Let the sno...fly!!!!!!!!! Midges hmmmmmmm size 20 should do the trick...if I can do tricos.....well this is going to be fun :cheers: :cheers:

Hmmmmmmmm. :unsure: That came outta nowhere !!!! LMAO Guess pikepicker, if it is OK with everybody else on this list....then we will tie 15 midges !!!!! :blink: 2 people have already finished their midges. I hope they aren't in the mail.....errrrrrr I hope extras were tied !!!!!!!! Well....everybody.....speak up !!!!!!!! I'm OK if all of you are !!!!!!!!! :baby: lol Mommy !!!!!!!!!! LMAOROFL

Picture of Adult Black Midge below !!!!!

post-18775-1255810245.jpg

Sad to get the message that Professori is dropping out. pikepicker has filled his spot !!!!!! I will clearly point out that this swap is closed !!!!! There will be no more additions to this list no matter who it is !!!!! If ya haven't signed up by now, it is too late !!!!! This also means that if you signed up to be in this swap, you have committed !!!!!!! Those who did not sign, hope to catch you next time !!!!!!!!!

Please stay tuned for Sno-Fly Updates and info !!!!!!!!!!

Cheers and Tight nLines !!!!!!

John (Alpinefly) B)

Picture below is a Cream Midge Emerger !!!!

post-18775-1255840568.jpg

I changed my mind about tying the miracle midge. I did very well on the Current this thursday with a midge I call the blueberry snowcone(#22) which changed my mind pretty quick. I have my fourteen tied, but it looks like I might want to hold off on mailing them in. I'd be more than happy to tie a few more if more join the swap. Looking forward to everyone's flies, especially Leonard's since I'll probably fish them at Taneycomo.

Cheers,

Mike

The Final !!!!!! 14 midges are to be tied for this swap !!!!!!!! Who is on the list is final !!!!!!!!

Also feel free to share what information on midges and even midge fishing methods you use !!!!

I hope once again this swap will be educational, and everyone can gain from it !!!!!! Thankyou for takeing time to

share your fly tying talents and knowledge of midges !!!!!!!!!

John (Alpinefly) B)

I hope my good friend Graham Owen doesn't mind !!!!! Just had to post a picture of one of his realistic midges !!!!!

Graham is on our Sno-Fly list, and a fantastic tyer !!!!!! Go to his realistic fly and photography gallery and check it out if you haven't yet. He ties many realistics for movies, plus an excellent tyer when it comes to fishables !!!!!!

post-18775-1255968537_thumb.jpg

The Picture below is my design called "The Hellsgate Butt Biter". This imitates the Ceratopogidinae (or biting midge) !!!!!

post-18775-1256150005_thumb.jpg