Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
Bulldog5485

Kelly Galloup Streamer Swap

John,

I m willing to take any ability level the purpose of oing these swaps is to push yourself to new limits and have fun doing it, and if Rich says your ability is good then it definitly is good, so does it mean you are in ?

Kevin

Wow, Kevin, thanks. I'd love to try. And Rich, you are far too kind ;-) Thank you.

I'm definitely learning, but definitely willing to push myself too. So, is the JJ's Wooly Bugger a Galloups fly, or are they just the flies that actually say "Galloups..."?

If I can, I'll be in with a JJ's...

John

Geez, it's such a boring name compared to all the others. Ha! :-) And Horseshoes, awesome control man. Congrats! He he.

I'm in

Galloups Warbird

Steve (Fly tryer)

All we need now is a Galloups "Bird of Prey" and a Galloups "Heavy Cruiser" and we're all set....

Sorry couldn't resist. :P The Trekkie in me just had to comment Anim_entfly.gif

Space the final frontier, To boldly go etc etc!!

Steve

Welcome aboard guys ! Im still waiting to hear on some more, if bigdaddyhub and flyfisher13 want in also because they have been extremely good to me in the past!! If it goes through the weekend without any other sign ups I will cut it off at what we have and ill add in another fly of some type if that is okay. Let me know what you guys think of the due date like I said we can push it back if need be..... I know its deer season in some parts of the country and wouldnt want to infringe on that valuable hunt time !! Let me know I'm easy like sunday mornings !

Thanks again guys,

Kevin

So, is the JJ's Wooly Bugger a Galloups fly, or are they just the flies that actually say "Galloups..."?

I think JJ's Special is one of the flies (like the Stacked Blonde) that Kelly has taken and modified to make it his own. Just about every new fly pattern is a variation of another pattern in some way.

were are some good places to find his flies? I have found a few but would like to see more?

Some info for you guys in the swap.

I love these kind of flys.

Circus Peanut

Circus Peanut link

SEX DUNGEON (BLACK)

Sex Dungeon in Black

From Charlies Fly box

HEIFER GROOMER

Heifer Groomer link

T&A RAINBOW

T&A Rainbow link

WOOLLY SCULPIN

Wolly Sculpin Link

SWIMMY JIMMY

Swimmy Jimmy Link

ZOO COUGAR (OLIVE)

Zoo Couger in Olive

37 minute video on how to tie the Zoo Couger

nice Video of the zoo couger

BROKEBACK CRAWLDADDY

Brokeback Crawldaddy

Jon

OK Kevin - I'm more of a Carrie Stevens streamer guy for the past 20 years, but I always say 'you gotta get out of your comfort zone'. So sign me up, pattern TBD. I won't pick a duplicate, but I need to get books and research, buy materials, etc....and flowers for my wife in exchange for the mess from the deer hair. :bugeyes:

OK ladies and Gentlemen I can now host my own swaps so I am going to do one ! This SWAP is going to be a Kelly Galloup Streamer Swap..meaning you must tye one of Galloup's Streamer Patterns ! I will give this a due date of 5th of December but it can be changed if need be opinions welcomed, I need 12 tyers who are up fo the task! LETS GET IT ON !!! Respond with im in

Bulldog5485 - Galloup's Craw

1 Rich5665 - Stacked Blonde

2 TxFlyTier - Zoo Cougar

3 FlyTryer - Galloup's Warbird

4 Eastern Fly - SEX DUNGEON

5 Jburge - JJ's Wooly Bugger

6 Min - Woolly Sculpin

7 The SaltyDog - TBD

OK, I'm up for a HEIFER GROOMER