Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
Alpinefly

Sno-Fly (Part 2) Modern Midges Celebration Swap

FINAL INSTRUCTIONS :

Please Toe Tag your midge patterns (Your name, Size and pattern name, e-mail addy)

Place midges in a container (Altoids container works ) and in Bubble Mailer; A Folded Self Addressed & Stamped Bubble mailer Envelope inside the envelope you are mailing !!!!! Mail-In Deadline is January 1st !!!!!!! (New Years) !!!!

Please Mail Midges To: John Larson

2224 N. Camino Castile #1018

Tucson, Arizona 85715

***** Also please PM me you e-mail address !!!!! I want this to be able to communicate with you (even from my cell phone) !!!!!! Again thanks for your participation, and remember, time flys by real fast, so ya don't want to procrastinate !!!!!!! Happy Tying !!!!!! :headbang:

YIPPY doodle dang

I can see that you are just getting too much excitement there in Frisco Kevin !!!!! :yahoo: LMAO

I hope all of you had a great Thanksgiving Weekend !!! I sure did; pigged out, plenty of good beer & wine, great football, and tied loads of midges !!!!! It is a great time to head out and dupe some midge hungry trout !!!!

We should all plan a Sno-Fly MIdge Swap Trip next year (ya think) !!!! Feel free to contribute your midge techniques and ideas on this post !!!!

I just received a very nice package of slobberliscious Olive WD-40's all the way from British Columbia and Professori !!!!

Professori also gets the first to show award for this second list of Sno-Fly VII. Thanks !!!!!

I received a beautifully tied package of midges today from Frisco, Colorado, and Kevin Evans !!!!

Now here is the added surprise !!!!! These beautifully tied # 20 midges were tied by 6 year old Linet !!!!!!!!!!!! :bugeyes:

WOW is all I can say !!! The future of Fly Tying and Fly Fishing is in good hands !!!! :headbang: I hope a lot of you take a bit of time and mentor a young child in Fly Fishing and Fly Tying !!!! You will be more then rewarded, and yes Kevin, I do feel very blessed !!!!! I know that you are a very proud Dad. Next time I am in Colorado, my two boys (Michael and Luke) will have a special new friend to show them around the area streams !!!!!!! Linet can guide me too !!!! ;)

The first list of Sno-Fly Swappers have wrapped up their swap !!! We had two no shows that I made a comment about on the First list post !!! I hope all of you who host swaps will take note of these two names (No Shows), and ban them from your swaps as well (since you would not want those who are untrustworthey) !!!!

THe packages from the second list are starting to drift in !!!! If there is anybody with any problem of makeing the January 1st Deadline, please let me know right now. THis is in all fairness to those who are working hard to contribute to this swap, and those who were unable to get on the swap list this year !!!! Thanks, and feel free to contribute any ideas you have on midges and midge fishing techniques !!!! Even comments and reviews of Rick Takahashi's new book, "Modern Midges" !!!! B)

While I appreciate the zeal with which you approach being a swapmeister, I think you are a little over the line to encourage everyone to ban people from future swaps based on their performance in your swap. The moderators of the site have already taken a position on this. Perhaps you should notify the moderators and let them do their job, rather than try to act as moderator on your own. I don't know if these swappers have been prior no-shows, I don't know if they have had sudden changes in job status, illness or loss in their family life, unexpected relocations, or simply a dead computer, but I am not ready to write off an individual based on one incident.

"In the continuing effort to keep all swaps running smoothly here at FTF we now will have a list of swappers that are banned from participating in any future swaps. We WILL NOT add swappers to this list in a willy nilly fashion, the swappers on this list are ones that have defaulted on numerous swaps and have shown that they are a risk to the SM on not fulfilling their commitment to the SM on a swap. We know sometime life get's in the way and there may be a time you have to drop out of a swap, that is acceptable if you have a good reason. The only way someone will be added to this list is if they have dropped out at the last minute numerous time, or have just not sent any flies and never returned any messages that have been sent to them." steeldrifter

While I appreciate the zeal with which you approach being a swapmeister, I think you are a little over the line to encourage everyone to ban people from future swaps based on their performance in your swap. The moderators of the site have already taken a position on this. Perhaps you should notify the moderators and let them do their job, rather than try to act as moderator on your own. I don't know if these swappers have been prior no-shows, I don't know if they have had sudden changes in job status, illness or loss in their family life, unexpected relocations, or simply a dead computer, but I am not ready to write off an individual based on one incident.

"In the continuing effort to keep all swaps running smoothly here at FTF we now will have a list of swappers that are banned from participating in any future swaps. We WILL NOT add swappers to this list in a willy nilly fashion, the swappers on this list are ones that have defaulted on numerous swaps and have shown that they are a risk to the SM on not fulfilling their commitment to the SM on a swap. We know sometime life get's in the way and there may be a time you have to drop out of a swap, that is acceptable if you have a good reason. The only way someone will be added to this list is if they have dropped out at the last minute numerous time, or have just not sent any flies and never returned any messages that have been sent to them." steeldrifter

Each person makes their own choice as who to accept or not accept on a swap list !!!!! The criteria I have set on banning these two people fron any of my future swaps is more then sound (they did not respond to repeated e-mails or PM's I sent). Your opinion is your opinion is your opinion. How you run your swap is your choice, and you are out of line trying to turn this post into an argument !!!!! I will not engage in your argument !!!!

I just received a package of very nicely tied Shucka Khans from my good friend Mikeytwoshoes !!!

Mike is not only a superb fly tyer, he is even a fantastic crafter of Bamboo Fly Rods !!!!! Thanks Mike !!!

Size 18 Palomino Midges are done and on their way. I have to appoligize in advance I forgot the to put the name and size on the tag.

A most excellent package arrived in the mail from utyer !!!! These midges look fantastic !!!! I am sooooo ready for a fishing trip !!!! Thankyou so much for the extra work for all the ladies at Casting For Recovery !!!

I know very well that they will appreciate all the flies !!!! ;)