Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
Paul vd Driesche

Dobsonfly

Paul

Absolutely amazing.......I have had a specimen that I found dead at work and been wanting to try to tie one of these but been pretty busy lately...

Anyways nice job :headbang:

Mike

hey that is a stunning bug!

felt kind of stupid when i realised it was a flie :D

had to take a third look to actually believe my eyes.

perfection.

sincerely C

Great to see both Paul, & that fly.

If you guys think that photo's good, until you see it in the flesh - "You ain't seen nuthin'"

A true world class fly from a top class tier.

Thank you guys....and girls ;) it's very nice to read comments like these.

Arkle, How are you doing? Did they fix you yet? Hope you will be up and running again soon.

greets Paul

Hi Paul, I had the op on the Monday after the bffi & stayed in for just over a week after. Am now back home, still in wheelchair as I can't put ANY weight on my leg for another 4/5 weeks. They're re-plastering it Weds. so will be able to see how they've done & how it's healing etc. Am unable to go anywhere other than trips back & forth to hospital at present so will miss the 30th anniversary dinner of the fly dressing club I formed, but if it means I get to keep my remaining leg, then it's a small price to pay.

For those of you who missed the show, here are a couple of photos taken at the International of "Bugman" v/d Driesche with his beasties.

Thank you again Paul, for your amazing gift! The mounted & framed stonefly perched on it's original conceptual drawing has now a place on the wall in my den. Although my wife seems to think it may one day fly off - or eat the dog!

post-3131-1259163688_thumb.jpgpost-3131-1259163724_thumb.jpg

Hey Paul

Thats a great tying, the detail and proportion are just right..................

If my friend John (Arkle) says is amazing in real life I believe him

All the best

Mike....................................... B)

Wow, I'd just love to drop one of those in my Mother-In-Law's drink !!!!!! :devil: LMAO That is beyond excellent tying Paul !!!!!!!!! ;)

Thnx guys, This fly got me a lot of nice compliments on the symposium as well. I was very happy with that.

Hey Steve, If you really need to post a picture of me on the forum....was this the best one you had? ;)

Anyway....I really liked making the frame for you and If I have to give such a thing to someone...you would be the man to give it to.

I just got back home today. I had a great time at the symposium and it was a pleazure to see everyone again.....I hope to be back next year.

Greets Paul

When I opened the post I thought it was a picture of the real thing. Very well done.