Fly Tying

Another weekend shot to hell...

This is really getting to be annoying. Just when everything was getting back to nornal, Frances comes along, over a holiday weekend to boot! At least we have all of these emergency people still here, it'll save the government any additional travel expenses. tongue.gif

Man I just read it is bigger than Charley...... bugeyes.gif

Ohio looks better and better all the time.

Stay safe Paul!

I'm on the west coast, so it doesn't look like we're going to get a direct hit. Depending on the track it takes, we'll get some wind and rain (it's already windy here).

I wouldn't feel too safe Will, after it crosses FL it could turn north and drench the mid-west. Can you say "flash flood"? bugeyes.gif

You guys just can't win sad.gif

One of my old customers just stopped by. He moved to Boca last year and lost his sailboat to Charlie along with some minor damage to the house and the fishing boat. He was scheduled to head back the 8th. Probably just in time for another clean-up.

Hang in there, Paul! headbang.gif

TB,

If it makes you feel better, Western NC and in particular up where I am got 4 - 6 inches last night. That smallie river you floated is up a bit and some others (Linville River ) was up 6 ft over night. Hopefully we dry out before Francis or it will get interesting.

You take care and be safe.

Irish

Hey Dave! How you doing bud! I'll be up next month, Oct. 16th to the 23rd, if you want to hook up and wet a line let me know. Tie up one of your gorgeous deer hair flies and I'll trade you for a full dressed atlantic salmon. Deal?

Paul,

See you next month and the hair bug for the salmon fly is a trade that I will make.

And a suprise fly too!! I think you will be impressed wink.gif wink.gif

Dave

WEATHER UPDATE...

Well, it's 7:45 saturday evening and the first couple of rain bands have come through. Wind gusts up to 70 mph, lots of rain and the eye of the storm is still 200 miles away! This weekend is REALLY going to suck! Rainfall is predicted to be between 6" to 20" over the next 36 hrs. help.gif

We have the weather channel on and it looks like the beach erosion over on the east coast is massive. No more beach! This is going to put a big dent in the Snook fishing. They just showed a 100 foot yacht floating free down the intracoastal waterway in Palm Beach. That is going to piss somebody off for sure. cool.gif

All of you guys in the midwest, look out Frannie is coming your way. shocking.gif

Yea I just seen that it will be in our area around Wednesday. I was glad to see it lost it's strength a little but that storm is massive and is barely creeping along.

Looks like I took my vacation down there at just the right time.

Stay safe buddy!

Been in contact with my Kids down in Orlando

They say nothing much happed yet just lost power a couple time.

OSD.

For future reference of any weather-minded folk on the forum...

http://weather.msfc.nasa.gov/GOES/goes.html

http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/index.shtml

I spent 7 years in the Myrtle Beach area during and after college, and got to know the fastest ways to get out of town to visit my grandparents in Greenville whenever it looked like a nasty storm was on the way (such as when Fran and Bonnie came through). Ivan is currently a poultry 115 mph max sustained, but if it sits over that warm water long enough it will start to intensify.