Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
Jeremy Parker

First and second attempt at house fly

Well I've attempted to do a house fly first attempt was well :wallbash:

The one thats completed I would like comments as to how to improve please???

Your input is valuable to me?

I tied this on a mustad 94840 #14, peacock herl, foam ,raffia, glassbeads in netting and 8/0 thread and a bit of head cement.

Blessings,

Jeremy

It looks like you did a nice job. Your images are a little fuzzy though. What are you using for a camera?

It looks like you did a nice job. Your images are a little fuzzy though. What are you using for a camera?

Yes David my camera :unsure: need a better one. Does not help I have the shakes LOL!

Here is one last attempt at a picture.

Blessings,

Jeremy

Now you have to keep in mind that I am NOT much of a realistic tier, but I think you're on the right track and are close to hitting a homerun with this one. From the images posted, it appears the shape and proportions are right on. GOOD WORK! I good see the big chubs and gills shredding that one. Are you going to fish it? Once you have mastered the house fly, I could see you easily making the jump to bees, wasps, and yellow jackets....all of which are great trout flies in the Cumberland Valley in the fall.

Now you have to keep in mind that I am NOT much of a realistic tier, but I think you're on the right track and are close to hitting a homerun with this one. From the images posted, it appears the shape and proportions are right on. GOOD WORK! I good see the big chubs and gills shredding that one. Are you going to fish it? Once you have mastered the house fly, I could see you easily making the jump to bees, wasps, and yellow jackets....all of which are great trout flies in the Cumberland Valley in the fall.

All flies are tied for fishing or there not a fly!

Blessings,

Jeremy