Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
Fezz

Need a fly tying picture tutorial

HI, I'm new here and i want to see how my experiance has done. Due to the complexity of the Scatatas Prince fly. I need to know how to make it and if you could show me how that would be great. The fly looks very complex and Bud Guidry made it who's on this site.

HI, I'm new here and i want to see how my experiance has done. Due to the complexity of the Scatatas Prince fly. I need to know how to make it and if you could show me how that would be great. The fly looks very complex and Bud Guidry made it who's on this site.

I don't mean this as a put down, but that's one of those flies where if you have to ask, you're probably not ready to attempt it. You'd probably have a tough time coming by some of the materials as well.

It's definitely master's level tying.

I agree with redietz to a point, but without ambition and determination Bud Guidry and others wouldn't be tying these masterpieces. Setting your sights high can be a very good thing!

Show us a picture and maybe I can help. If the pattern has scatatas Indian Crow in it, each feather can run $7.00 each. The hook is around $18.00 alone.

Pm Bud Guidry maybe he will walk you through it.

I agree with redietz to a point, but without ambition and determination Bud Guidry and others wouldn't be tying these masterpieces. Setting your sights high can be a very good thing!

You're absolutely right. I was thinking more of cost, and that there were less expensive ways to learn to tie full-dress flies.

Start with this book and when you're done tying all of the flies in it, you'll be ready. Start here