Fly Tying
BigDaddyHub

Yellow Jacket - Traditional

nice fly i might try this is a plain white and black grizzly(all i have right now)i think your right tin foil does work.I have caught gills with a small bit of leaf on a hook once or twice.

nothing wrong with that, let it float for as long as it will, then twitch it back submerged. It will do well.

B) Hey BigDaddy. I had ago at your yellow jacket. Hope you don't mind I tied it on a size 16. What do you think?

post-25286-1266961998_thumb.jpg

Dang, that's purdy, Chris. You are posting some

nice ones.

Mike

Thank you, Mike. Just got some Nymph Skn...gonna be workng on some new things Thursday...Gonna give Lewis's stonefly another go.

GB....I think your first attempt is a good, solid fly. I STILL stuggle with dries, but it's obvious you undertand the technique. It'll surely take fish! Have you been tying long?

Dang, that's purdy, Chris. You are posting some

nice ones.

Mike

Thank you, Mike. Just got some Nymph Skn...gonna be workng on some new things Thursday...Gonna give Lewis's stonefly another go.

GB....I think your first attempt is a good, solid fly. I STILL stuggle with dries, but it's obvious you undertand the technique. It'll surely take fish! Have you been tying long?

Yes I've been tying off and on for a good number of years. But never had the materials that I now have. I find it very relaxing And I like to create natural looking flies. Thanks for your comment.