Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
BigDaddyHub

Rob Knisely's Furry Frog

Rob is a local pro in the Bluegrass region. Rob is, without a doubt, the most humble, most sharing, of any pro I have ever known. He shared this with me in his shop yesterday and PM'd me with the exact directions to tie it. I hope he doesn't mind me sharing the link. Going try this one for big bass in the area this spring! Enjoy!

http://www.members.tripod.com/invictaflyshop/id118.htm

Rob advises it is a subsurface pattern, with the hook weighted with lead wraps. It's essentially a "kickin' frog" pattern. Rob tauts it as "simple" and "effective". I have fished Rob's flies for a while and I can tell ya, he's one hell of a warmwater fishrman. Should be a great pattern on the lakes and ponds this spring. I'm psyched about my off days next week, going to attempt several of these.

Hey BDH, get that new high chair set up? rofl

Pelhament... actually, I have been trying for 5 years to get that off the web. When I stop selling commercial, I wanted it shut down. Trellix never did, and have since plastered it with those annoying ads. grrr :wallbash: I still get orders off there and I haven't had a license to sell for 5 years! So I continue to refund money... don't know what more to do. The plus side is there was still an online photo of that fly to show the Hubster. BELIEVE me... the shop potion of my website did not look like that back in the day! I programmed most of that by hand in html (have a programming degree), and after I told them to strike it from the server, they responded by injecting random ads in all the frames. Never, EVER use Trellix or Tripod!

The Furry Frog is actually not so big. Body ends up about 3/4 inch. I've had good results with it, and had several repeat customers for it (back in the day ;) )

Pelhament... actually, I have been trying for 5 years to get that off the web. When I stop selling commercial, I wanted it shut down. Trellix never did, and have since plastered it with those annoying ads. grrr :wallbash: I still get orders off there and I haven't had a license to sell for 5 years! So I continue to refund money... don't know what more to do. The plus side is there was still an online photo of that fly to show the Hubster. BELIEVE me... the shop potion of my website did not look like that back in the day! I programmed most of that by hand in html (have a programming degree), and after I told them to strike it from the server, they responded by injecting random ads in all the frames. Never, EVER use Trellix or Tripod!

Hey Rob, that is too bad that they are treating you like that. Sorry if I offended you, that was not my intention. Great fly though!

Jeff,

I would imagine you could scale it down quite easily, but here in Kentucky, we have real smallmouth that eat real frogs! :devil: :lol:

And, yes, Rob, I did indeed get the high chair set up. <_< :rolleyes:

Haven't tied the frog yet, but going whip one out. Working on stippled poppers right now...not going well....but the frog is on the top of the list