Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
Guest rich mc

big bugger swap

Guest rich mc

flies from agn and the half naked buggers came today. both very good flies. rich mc

flies from agn and the half naked buggers came today. both very good flies. rich mc

phew I was beginning to think I would be retying. Glad they made it there in time.

Rich, Thanks for the PM. I didn't realize that you had counted me in.

I have mine almost tied up. Now I just have to find a good box for shipping. These things are going to be monsters.

I hope I am not holding up the swap.

Carl

Guest rich mc

still waiting on another set ill be getting this weekend . big flies =big fish rich mc

we have 8 tyers . rich mcelligott po box 225 lee il 60530. let me know when they are sent> thanks rich

Went out USPS today.

post-11497-1271529013_thumb.jpg

two sets came today, one more to go. very interesting group .

Any chance of a group shot to hold us over? I can't wait to see them.

Guest rich mc

ill send out what i have on monday.two more chances for the one set of flies to get here. rich

Guest rich mc

they are going out tuesday .other set never showed .these flies will catch fish rich mc

Recieved mine today. Awesome work everyone. Carl Z my son loves the froggy bugger. Wanna share how you did the legs?

Recieved mine today. Awesome work everyone. Carl Z my son loves the froggy bugger. Wanna share how you did the legs?

I got the idea from an intermediate source, but I believe Rich actually developed this technique. (I didn't know this until I sent him the flies)

The legs are Paton's Bohemian yarn and a flame is used to singe the end and taper it to a point.

The frog thigh is actually created by tying in the leg and then wrapping more chenille over the leg to bulk it up.

They are actually a lot of fun to tie but they needed a wider gap hook than I tied these on.

I have also used this technique to tie crayfish where the claws are the tapered chenille.

I experimented with trying put front, chenille arms on the frog, but it ended up looking like a green chicken.

Carl

Got mine today, great looking flies everyone. Thanks for hosting , Rich :cheers:

Came home from my fishing trip to find all these great flies I wish I had had fishing this weekend! Oh well gives me an excuse to go again, right!?! Thanks all they are awesome and thanks for hosting!!