Fly Tying
JoeFish

Yellowstone Swap (lead free)

SWAP IS OVER!

Here is the plan:

My dad and I are heading to Yellowstone National Park in July. Yellowstone requires no lead in flies. You must guarantee your flies are lead free.

The swap will be 2 flies per person. you can choose any combination of: A nymph, streamer, or a dry.

2 nymphs, 2 dries, or 2 streamers are also acceptable. as long as they are different patterns.

I will open the swap to 11 people. My dad gets one spot. you will not get your own flies. you tie 10 of each pattern.

Example: I will tie a go-2 Prince and a grasshopper.

my dad will have: streamer, and nymph tbd.

Flies are Due at my mailbox before 5/21/2010, SASE and Toe tags required. Please include pattern name if it has one. Be sure to include enough postage, and enough space for all these flies. If you want your envelopes back, let me know.

1 Joe Fish go2 prince and grasshopper

2 Joe Fish Sr. streamer, and nymph, TBD

3 fly girl Turks Tarantula and PMD Emerger received!

4 NJFlyMAn Soft Hackle Cream #18 / Red Squirrel #12 received!

5 Jrbean1 streamer and nymph received!

6 Cheri Soft Hackle #14 and a Parachute #16 or#18 received!

7 utyer Humpy, and a PMD cripple received!

8 ibrb Amber X Caddis ( dry ) and a Little Black Caddis Larva received!

9 gdp4 #12 foam beetle and buzzer received!

10 CLOSED

11 CLOSED

Joe

I'M IN !!! Pheasant Tail Nymph and PMD Emerger.......This is great timing...I'm tying up flies for my annual trip to Yellowstone, I'll be there the last week of July. :yahoo:

Speaking of yellowstone. My older bro wants to do some fishing over there and he wants me to tie him up a dozen or so flies. what patterns should i tie for him? Cause i'm on the east coast.... :help:

Speaking of yellowstone. My older bro wants to do some fishing over there and he wants me to tie him up a dozen or so flies. what patterns should i tie for him? Cause i'm on the east coast.... :help:

Just so we are clear, You are not in this swap right now, if you want in let me know. I would keep an eye on the patterns everyone says they will tie up. otherwise, there are alot of fly shops in the yellowstone area, you can check out their sites.

Joe

Would anyone in this swap mind if I changed my Pheasant Tail Nymph to a Turks Tarantula ?.......need to practice with my spinning Deerhair & thought this would be a good time.

Would anyone in this swap mind if I changed my Pheasant Tail Nymph to a Turks Tarantula ?.......need to practice with my spinning Deerhair & thought this would be a good time.

Go ahead and change it... It's all good with me...

sounds great fly girl, the Turks Tarantula looks like something I need to tie a few of my own. Im going to be out there at the tail end of the salmonflies, and the beginning of the hopper season, so anything that looks like one of those is something I need to look into. Look at this if you havent seen it yet: http://www.charliesflyboxinc.com/flybox/pr...cfm?parentID=10

Come on everyone lets get this swap filled up. These flies will work on trout anywhere, not just Yellowstone.

I am also pretty exctied to swing some big ol' streamers through some of the holes. I think alot of people throw dries and miss some opportunites.

If you still have room, I would jump in with a Humpy, and a PMD cripple.