Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
TOM PRUETT

I NEED A MAGNIFING GLASS AND LIGHT

I have a hard time seeing the wraps if there realy small .And trying to get them realy close is hard .

Can anyone recommend one!!

I have a hard time seeing the wraps if there realy small .And trying to get them realy close is hard .

Can anyone recommend one!!

Try a cheap pair of reader glasses...+2.50 mag..They work for me when tying midges....

I got a flourescent ring light around a magnifying glass at Lowe's for $25. They're also available at Office Depot and places like that.

Works good for me.

Try a cheap pair of reader glasses...+2.50 mag..They work for me when tying midges....

I got a flourescent ring light around a magnifying glass at Lowe's for $25. They're also available at Office Depot and places like that.

Works good for me.

Got both of these and they do work for me. The glasses combine to the lamp right over and close to the vise helps a lot. The big magnifier I only use when tying #20 or smaller. If you buy a fluorescent light, there is a Daylight type that you have to purchase to get true colours, otherwise colours will be messed up, more yellow or green depending. <_<

Hope this hlep.

Seeing as how I'm basically colorblind anyway, I got to save a bit on the lamp!

Guest Big E

One of the best lights you can use is an OTT. Bit pricey but if you have a Hobby Lobby around they will have a sale of 50% OTT lights every now and then. I have a nice on the desk light and purchased the retratable magnifying glass with it.