Fly Tying
Trey9123

Marker Set

I am tired of going out and buying sharpies 1 at a time when I need a new color. Has anyone found a good set of waterproof markers which includes the rainbow of colors needed for fly tying. I don't mind spending a few dollars if it means i will always have the necessary color on hand. Thanks

Yep Sharpies, in the big pack at office supply store. All the colors of the rainbow.

1. figure out the necessary colors you need (tan, olive, black and brown)

2. go to an art supply store and buy that set

I am tired of going out and buying sharpies 1 at a time when I need a new color. Has anyone found a good set of waterproof markers which includes the rainbow of colors needed for fly tying. I don't mind spending a few dollars if it means i will always have the necessary color on hand. Thanks

If money is no object, these are the "gold standard" of markers.

http://www.dickblick.com/products/pantone-...in-marker-sets/

Immense overkill, IMHO... but different strokes for different folks! B)

I've got a set of the "BIC Mark-It Color Collection" and I'm very satisfied with them. With 24 different colors, there's more options than I would ever need in a practical sense, but I like having the options. They were fairly cheap too, and the colors are bright and durable. I haven't had any issues with bleeding whatsoever. If you're interested, here's a link:

BIC Mark-It Color Collection

~Evan