Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
Flytyer14

Fly shop!!

I was driving with my parents and I say a fly shop!!! Now I have a source for materials and the guy said if I bring in some flies he might buy them from me!! They sell for $2.00 a fly and he pays the tier $1 (per fly)

so my question is....what should I tie to show him?

Thanks!!

-Mark

what about tying flies that represent the insects that populate the rivers in your area.

yea...i guess that's a good idea....(sometimes I feel like a loser, I mean who wouldn't think of that...)

Many shops have a board listing suggested flys for the area streams. You might try one or 2 from that list and tie a bunch of each so he sees that you are consistent in your tying. I had no idea the price was up to $2... but I'm probably still not breaking even tying my own :rolleyes:

Good luck!

Mike.

LOL!! I found a board listing and I'm going to tie Hendrickson and a Pheasant tail nymph. Easies but i know they'll look AMAZING!!

And probably a wooley bugger.

just spend time on one or two patterns that will be really good. but also remember patterns like woolly buggers and P.T. nymphs are so popular that he probally already has them. look for local patterns. or come up with your own.

I was driving with my parents and I say a fly shop!!! Now I have a source for materials and the guy said if I bring in some flies he might buy them from me!! They sell for $2.00 a fly and he pays the tier $1 (per fly)

so my question is....what should I tie to show him?

Thanks!!

-Mark

That wouldn't be Merrill Creek Sport Shop on State Highway 57 in Stewartsville, NJ ?

No that closed down. do you know where that is? I live about 3 min. from there I've walked there before. It's Shannons Fly shop in Califon (where i'm getting my materials) and Owls Nest where I'm going to sell them.

Ok fishyboy.

No that closed down. do you know where that is? I live about 3 min. from there I've walked there before. It's Shannons Fly shop in Califon (where i'm getting my materials) and Owls Nest where I'm going to sell them.

Ok fishyboy.

Just playing with ya. If you google "fly shops in Stewartsville, NJ" you can find all sorts of cool stuff.