Fly Tying

Hello all.

I saw, time ago, this pattern on the web. But I do not remember the site nor the flytyer. Does any of you know whom this pattern belongs to?

Thank you.

post-12648-1275484206_thumb.jpg

Hi Andres

Sorry I do not know what site those were at but they look like a great fish taker...................how are you doing?

All the best

Mike

Hi Mike,

Thank you.

I discovered this pattern "googling" two or three years ago. I was astonished by the simplicity of the design. Now, I am writing an step by step on this fly to Danica mag, and I would like to mention the name of the tyer who designed it.

The original one tie hackle around the hook shank, but I prefer doing a paraloop; the footprint on water surface is very real doing that.

Yes, it is a fish taker; fish should think they are very real. LOL.

Hi, how are you? My name is jordan and I like this pattern. I was wondering if you can tell me how you tied it and what you used for the tie. Thank you very much and keep it up. J

Andrés, I hope you will grace us with a SBS also, looks like a simple to tie fish grabber!

This was the PM to Jordan. The only secret with this fly is my contract with Danica magazine.

"thank you for your interest. This pattern is very simple; just a foam cylinder, two hairs form a paint brush, plastic wings from a shop bag and a feather.

Due to the fact that I have recently written an step by step of this pattern in Spanish Danica mag, I can not upload this SbS into my web site yet. I hope to upload it in a month time.

Hope to have been of any help."

This was the PM to Jordan. The only secret with this fly is my contract with Danica magazine.

"thank you for your interest. This pattern is very simple; just a foam cylinder, two hairs form a paint brush, plastic wings from a shop bag and a feather.

Due to the fact that I have recently written an step by step of this pattern in Spanish Danica mag, I can not upload this SbS into my web site yet. I hope to upload it in a month time.

Hope to have been of any help."

I can't wait to see the SBS make sure you let us know when it is up. I really like how simple this looks. I will have to see if I can figure this one out :frusty: but I doubt I can.

Hy Bryan, in fact there are already some SbS from older patterns that people have asked for previously.

This is really simple and this simplicity was what caught my eye. First tie the hackle, then the foam tube; tying it it bends forming a V shape. tie the wings and wrap the hackle. final knot and you have one of the most aerodynamic and delicate mayfly you have ever used. Do not pick the fly directly from trout´s mouth directly with your fingers; foam tube could break. You should use something to take the hook out of the mouth.

It is a simple deadly fly- catch and release please. Andrés.

[

Looks Killer to me Andres !!! :headbang:

quote name=Andrés T' date='Dec 2 2010, 06:40 AM' post='438722]

Hy Bryan, in fact there are already some SbS from older patterns that people have asked for previously.

This is really simple and this simplicity was what caught my eye. First tie the hackle, then the foam tube; tying it it bends forming a V shape. tie the wings and wrap the hackle. final knot and you have one of the most aerodynamic and delicate mayfly you have ever used. Do not pick the fly directly from trout´s mouth directly with your fingers; foam tube could break. You should use something to take the hook out of the mouth.

It is a simple deadly fly- catch and release please. Andrés.