Fly Tying
morten

Rise to the Drake

Marten -

Those are seriously nice photos! love the one of the bug slipping over the edge of the trout's jaw- NICE Work! :clapping:

Wow! Beautiful pictures. These are near perfect, only thing I would change is the vignetting. IMHO, the dark vignetting you added in post processing is way, way to thick and constricting on the subject, clostrophobic in a way. The encroaching darkness is eliminating portions of your superb photo that would allow me to breath and enjoy the elements longer.

Your timing on these was extraordinary and the focus and colors are great! Awesome captures!

Kirk

Marten, if it isn't a trade secret, would you mind sharing your set up, positioning to the fish, lens, how you went about getting these extraordinary captures. Down here in south Louisiana, it is so flat, I don't know how I could get an angle like yours on a fish on the water surface.

If not, I understand.

Kirk

Marten, if it isn't a trade secret, would you mind sharing your set up, positioning to the fish, lens, how you went about getting these extraordinary captures. Down here in south Louisiana, it is so flat, I don't know how I could get an angle like yours on a fish on the water surface.

If not, I understand.

Kirk

Well Kirk it's quite simple, I'm standing on a bridge above the water. I shoot the pictures in a 45 degrees angle with a

Nikkor AF-S VR Zoom-Nikkor ED 200-400mm f/4 IF lens. The rest is pure luck.....

Next year I'm thinking about, to take a ladder with me..

//Mårten

Morten, you make it sound simple but that is some planning and skill to get shots like that as well as good equipment like that 200 - 400 lens. Of course luck to have fish rising, but the rest is you.

Thanks for sharing.

Kirk

Thanks to all of you, it's great to get some nice feedback of the work I do.

This photosession took me 14 days to shoot. And I shot about 2000 pictures, to get maybe 50 great shots.

//Mårten