Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
agn54

Wile E

A new addition to the fly pattern database has been submitted by agn54:

Wile E

Oh wow most excellent tie! This bendback along with your other variation screams fish, i love the design with the hook riding up, so good to use around rocky bottoms, much less chance of snagging. I want some :) This i could use for bass or in the estuaries. I think my box needs some (did i mention that?)

Nice! Have you done much with coyote? I have tied a lot of streamers using some coyote tail from a dog I called in last year and a buddy shot him. Fish in Ohio LOVE coyote!

Thanks everyone. I fish a lot on grass flats and near oysterbars so the upturned hook really helps reduce the snags.

TheCream, I actually only started using it recently. I few weeks ago I came across some coyote fur while browsing at a local fly shop. I know love it, it looks great in the water and you get a lot of dubbing from the underfur.

You're on a roll Andy, great looking flys. We just started fishing the intercoastal as the water cools into the 60's, smaller trout are moving in, also catching jack cravalle, flounder.

Have you been getting out?

:bugeyes: Nice tye. I like the use of various material on one fly. :yahoo:

Thanks INS

Dave, I got out this weekend finally. I had some minor engine trouble for the past couple of weeks thanks to a crab trap incident but fortunately there was no damage to the lower unit and it's fine now. I did alright with the trout, got a few keeper size fish on this pattern and a few others. We have a lot of small trout around as well. Got one small red and missed a shot at a couple others. The water has really started to cool off but the fish have not moved into the river yet. Most fish were on the shallow flats just off shore so they are probably getting ready to move up river soon. The trout are cold and fight great at this time of year, especially on the fly.