Fly Tying
Mr. Vegas

Official: What did you tie today

Everybody's flies look great. Dustin, nice job on your patterns.

I have been thing some more soft hackles today, using some Australian opossum, with orange embroidery thread rib and partridge hackle. I am also re-doing my Cahills for the Bergman swap I am running. I decided to use a larger hook and try to get the wings looking better. After seeing the quality of the flies in that swap from the other tiers, I know I am in over my head, but I am doing my best.

:)

I have been following that thread and yes there is some amazing flies I bet coming from it and can't wait to see some pictures!! Thanks John on the compliments! I have seen what comes from your vise and it means a lot. My bees are not as consistant as I wanted but for my first round they are not too bad. This was the first time I ever made eyes

*phew* i just tied 100 tamales, was quite involved with my canadian/ el salvadorian adoptive family cooking...But wow its quite a process...Think they are nacatamales? (spelling). We had a whole production line and i was on stringing, whip finish works well here. I just wonder its 3am and they are still going, the food will need 2 hrs to boil, wow so bed time.

*edit* Holy crap Mr. Vegas, nice flies!!!!

thanks!! I am trying to get a good collection to send to cast for recovery! Well not ice flies but a good nymph and dry selection

with the foam bee's...how did u get the stripes? Look awesome hey.