Fly Tying
j43jacko

Yellowstone small streams

ay of the paradise valley spring creeks are amazing, Armstrong's Spring Creek is a great place to start if you are in the west side. Also nelson's and depury's creek are real good. You can contact yellowstone anglers as well and they can lead you in the right direction! (406) 222-7130

Small streams in the Park are the Slough, upper Lamar, the Gibbon in the meadow. The upper Gallatin, Soda Butte.Most of the water in the Park is relatively small. Even the Yellowstone and the Madison are not that bid and very wadable.

Hi j43jacko,

You got good information from narcodog. Don't forget to check the area fly shops. Most of them give hand outs regarding area fishing opportunities. Also not mentioned are Grayling Creek and Duck Creek (look out for the bears here). I'll echo the quality fishing available on the upper sections of the Gallatin River along Hwy 191. Also check some of the side streams feeding into the Gallatin River in the same area. Take care & ...

Tight Lines - Gretchen & Al Beatty

www.btsflyfishing.com

I LOVED yellowstone! I with is wasnt so far away for me. The only thing i couldnt get over was the feeling of if i left the path i might not make it back alive. The fishing was great and the scenery was breathtaking.

Also make sure you check for closures. That time of year the water is going to be pretty warm and more times than not the rivers will either be closed or close around noon each day.

I wouldn't worry about closures this year with the amount of snow pack they're getting....I would worry more about the run off. Best bet would be to go at the ned of July. I was there a couple of years ago when the Yellowstone River had flooded & took out a couple of bridges....& the Lamar valley in the park was unfishable. The good thing about that was I had discovered what great fishing there was on the Gibbon.