Fly Tying
flytyman1

Valentine's Day Emerger Swap - Due date Feb. 14, 2011

:thumbsup: :yahoo:

Received an excellent set of Olive RS2 Caddis Variants in the mail today from Jared Sartini. Thanks for the extras! Also, thank you to ibrb and Li'Dave for the extras also. So far all the flies look great! Thank's guys for getting them here early!

flytyman1

To save some time and confusion, here again is my address to ship to:

Glenn Edwards

314 Highlawn Ave.

Elizabethtown, PA 17022-1614

P.S. Don't forget to include your self addressed return envelopes with postage. Also remember to include toe tags on the flies with the fly's name and your Forum name. Thanks!

:bugeyes: :bugeyes:

Only 13 days left till swap due date. At present time I have only received flies from ibrb, Li'lDave, Bruce Derington, and jared sartini. Time is starting to run down, just wanted to give a heads up to everyone!

flytyman1

Know what I'm tying just having a hell of a time with the wings. Going to try a different material than what was called for in the recipe.

:thumbsup:

Nice looking fly Rich! I'm going to try to take a picture of my fly, and post it tomorrow!

I sent message with addy out to all the members who need to send in their flies. If anyone has any questions, just message me back.

For those members who are in areas where the weather is bad don't risk yourselves just to get your flies in the mail, there is still plenty of time, be safe and stay warm!

flytyman1

:jumpy: :)

Here is the fly I tied for the swap. It is a #12 Slate Drake Emerger of my own design. It has worked great for me on some of the Northcentral and Southcentral PA streams like the Loyalsock as well as Yellow Breeches. The fly can be fished in the surface film or as a rising emerger by adding some weight to your line about 10 to 12 inches above the fly. The thread, CDC wings, Goose Biot legs and dubbing for the head can be changed to create different colored flies. Any one who would like a copy of the pattern and how it is tied just post your request and I will send a copy along with the swap flies when I send them out. Hope you enjoy the pattern?

post-29583-1296797876_thumb.jpg

Just to give you an idea of how the body is tied, it is first under-wrapped with iron gray thread then over wrapped with clear vinyl strips cut from a clear vinyl protective glove. The trailing shuck is just clear antron yarn or clear twisted packing twine that is brushed out and then burned together to create the trailing shuck.

flytyman1

Mine will hit the road on Monday or Tuesday. I go for surgery on Sunday morning but nothing major so should be able to knock them out in the recovery room :) Thanks for hosting

:thumbup: :yahoo:

Received a real nice set of CDC Blue Winged Olive Emergers from Stanbiker today! Nice flies thanks for getting them here early! That makes 6 sets of flies in hand and only 6 more to go before the deadline.

I have heard back from everyone in the swap and everything is looking good for receiving all the flies by the deadline date. Once I receive all the flies I am going to take pictures and post them. Thank's again for everyone's participation in the swap!

flytyman1

:thumbsup: :yahoo:

Received another set of beautifully tied CDC Loopwing Emergers today from Easternfly. Thanks for the extra flies. That leaves only 6 more sets of flies to arrive. :thumbup:

flytyman1

:thumbup: :ban:

Received 2bonthewater's flies in the mail today. Beautifully tied Sulfer Emergers! Interesting pattern, never saw one tied like that before, can't wait to try that out on a Sulfer hatch this summer. I'm definitely going to have to tie up some more just like it. Vinny I'm also from PA, how well has this pattern worked on our PA waters or is this a new take on the Sulfer Emerger pattern! I'll wait till I post the pictures to let everyone else see the pattern prior to them receiving it. This should perk the other swapper's anticipation.

That leaves just 5 more sets of flies to receive.

flytyman1