Fly Tying
FlyFishin'Jam

Couple of mini bonefish yums & 2 Pelagic streamers

Mini Bonefish yum is a size 6 & 8, quite small and sparse.

The 2 Pelagic streamers besides the heavy wire circle hook are tied with a 0.030 leadfree wire, going to do one quite dense that will be just the head of a baitfish profile to throw down a chum slick with a 12wt and some full sink line.

post-29540-1294345426_thumb.jpg

post-29540-1294345440_thumb.jpg

Excuse my poor photography.

The Bonefish Yums look like they would be great down here. I can see them working well in the surf. They look a lot like sand fleas, they should slay just about anything prowling the edge.

What did you use for the body on them?

Very nice ties Jam; the material amounts on all the ties look nice and sparse but full enough for a good profile. Those are bad-azz looking hooks on those streamers. What make and model are they?

Kirk

@ Green Hornet - the bodies i really love to do with some diamond braid, i have a whole box full of those critters, but these ones have umm lets see some stuff i got when i ran out a 'ultra chenille, micro fl. shell, pink' and a micro UV polar chenille in 'hot pink'. I would go diamond braid for sure but i know the bones love a pink and something camouflaged to the conditions, on a sand flat/ beach i stick to a sand or brown, where if around weed beds i may go as far as an olive. Turneffe flats fish in the small range really love this pattern, it's light weight and will work in that 2ft zone when its not too windy. I need more diamond braid for sure! Its a pattern pretty much based on this little success . Am i wrong to use a 5wt for bones? Sand fleas for sure! Just little critters.

http://epflies.com/index.php/flies/shrimp/...rimp-pearl.html

@ Kirk, oh they are serious hooks and ties...3/0 Daiichi 3847 circle hooks and 1/0's in the same model, its a wide-gape bend beak point 2X short. Along with Benecchi or Uni Cord thread (think gel spun) and a dash of leadfree wire (these are deep ocean types, which are my first, i need to keep at it), still working on the 'half head pilchard chum' but just did a batch of minnows for the bass and salt, micro long style...

Size #2 Gamakatsu sc15's - quite a small and short hook...Sparse once again. Yeah these were tied to imitate 'shiners' and the such, the smallmouth will like them in the current, the elongated tail produces a nice tight action. Then again what saltwater fish would refuse this twitched back erratically?

post-29540-1294820032_thumb.jpg

Next few weeks i have a redfish attractor type pattern i'll post here.

Why am i on this 'sparse tip'?

Why am i on this 'sparse tip'?

Maybe you're running low on your material inventory? You're trying to save money on materials? You have more hooks than materials to tie on them? You're trying to make realistic baitfish?

They look good.

Kirk