Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
Crotalus

A couple fly photos from the past year

Here are two of my favorite photos from the past year.

Took them on the picnic table outside our camper at Little Pine State Park in PA. I used the Macro option on my Canon Digital Rebel, someday I want to get a dedicated macro lens.

5223740778_2a0e7f9c91_z.jpg

5223144791_f5af2043c3_z.jpg

Hi Crotalus

Love that first shot. The angle and lighting is nice. The second the bug appears to be a little out of focus unless my eyes are decieving me. I really like these kinds of shots.

Hi Crotalus

Love that first shot. The angle and lighting is nice. The second the bug appears to be a little out of focus unless my eyes are decieving me. I really like these kinds of shots.

It is, I am still very much a novice with a camera. Both photos were taken free hand, i walked out saw the fly and grabbed the camera to shoot a few pics. Depth of focus is something i am still working on, especially on spur of the moment shots where i dont have time to look things up in my Scott Kelby book i have stored on my phone ;)

I actually have the first pic rotated 90 degrees ccw for use as the wall paper on my iPhone.