Fly Tying
cruzfly89

allen fly co.

How did I miss that email? ahhhh I on accident erased it. Thanks for posting that! Glad they are extending their line!

I didn't get it either and I just ordered another 600 hooks today.

How did I miss that email? ahhhh I on accident erased it. Thanks for posting that! Glad they are extending their line!

I just found I erased it I got it this morning. Here is a copy of it, granted no pictures or links I don't think but now you have it

XL Series Reel Pre-Season Sale

To help get our anglers geared up for the upcoming trout season, we have a limited stock of our XL reel on sale for $60! The XL has all the same features and craftsmanship as the Alpha and Trout reels, but with an extra large arbor design.

Great news for fly tiers!

In addition to the upcoming expansion of our hook selection, we are also adding bead heads! Our selection will start with an assortment of tungsten cone heads and brass bead heads, with a selection that will grow as we learn what our anglers want.

Be looking for these to make an appearance in the store in the coming weeks!

News Briefs

New Alpha Series reel on the way! The Alpha II drag testing is complete, and going to production! See the drag in action here!

The fly store will be back online soon with a much wider selection!

Blog

We've started a blog on our site that we plan to update several times a week with anything we feel would be of interest to our anglers. We'll share new product ideas, fishing trip reports, and any fun, entertaining, or just plain funny material we happen to stumble upon. Bookmark http://www.allenflyfishing.com/blogs/news and check back daily for updates!

I received my hook order yesterday along with the complimentary fly box. I was able to compare the hooks to similar Diachi Hooks I had on hand. In my opinion the Allen Hooks look to be right on par. I can attest to their sharpness as well, nothing like sticking yourself in the finger when organizing hooks :bugeyes: The fly box is nice, have four boxes that are much the same design. The foam in the box from Allen Fly Company was set in place perfectly, unlike a couple that I bought from another vendor on eBay. The box looks like it will fit nicely in the pockets of my fly vest and should float nicely if I happen to take another accidental swim in the salmon river. It would have been to see the Allen Fly Company Logo on box. I like knowing where my fly boxes are from. Just a personal preference. Over all I'm very satisfied with my purchase.

Received my order of hooks along with some sample hooks that Allen Fly Company sent along with my order. I must say that was very kind of Justin for doing so. Also I must say it was fast shipping since the hooks got to my doorstep in only 4 days. Now the bad news, I looked at my scud hooks and got 2 hooks with an extremely wicked bend that needed to be trashed. Can't get good pic b/c don't have a good macro lens ...But the other ones looked ok out of the 50 i purchased. So thinking i'll wait a few months in ordering this type of hook again.

Now the 3769,100,200R, 3761 them hooks look great!! I didn't see any problems with those hooks in their packages yet.

Thanks again, Allen Fly Fishing!!!.. I'll be ordering hooks from you soon :headbang:

i saw an ad that said they would send some free samples like 5 hooks of your choice

so i filled it out and got 72 hooks

50 or more were damaged

all the 3xlong 2x strong streamer hooks were bent

alot of the eyes were malformed

so i called and e mailed NO RESPONSE at all

i did not do buisness with them

I also had problem with Allen and their hooks, the eyes were breaking while tying or even just setting them in the jaws of the vise. There is nothing worse than getting almost done and the dang eye breaks off without any force. The shank on the hooks were bent. But the biggest issue I had was I ordered hooks and only half of them would ship to the house. Then it would take a national emergency to get hold of anyone to find out they are out of the hooks I ordered. I will spend the extra dollar to get better quality hooks, trouble free.

Received my order of hooks along with some sample hooks that Allen Fly Company sent along with my order. I must say that was very kind of Justin for doing so. Also I must say it was fast shipping since the hooks got to my doorstep in only 4 days. Now the bad news, I looked at my scud hooks and got 2 hooks with an extremely wicked bend that needed to be trashed. Can't get good pic b/c don't have a good macro lens ...But the other ones looked ok out of the 50 i purchased. So thinking i'll wait a few months in ordering this type of hook again.

Now the 3769,100,200R, 3761 them hooks look great!! I didn't see any problems with those hooks in their packages yet.

Thanks again, Allen Fly Fishing!!!.. I'll be ordering hooks from you soon :headbang:

Thanks for the feedback. I am changing the smaller scud hooks. I'm sure you will be happy with them once they are done. They will be ready in around 2 weeks.

Thanks again,

Justin

i saw an ad that said they would send some free samples like 5 hooks of your choice

so i filled it out and got 72 hooks

50 or more were damaged

all the 3xlong 2x strong streamer hooks were bent

alot of the eyes were malformed

so i called and e mailed NO RESPONSE at all

i did not do buisness with them

I also had problem with Allen and their hooks, the eyes were breaking while tying or even just setting them in the jaws of the vise. There is nothing worse than getting almost done and the dang eye breaks off without any force. The shank on the hooks were bent. But the biggest issue I had was I ordered hooks and only half of them would ship to the house. Then it would take a national emergency to get hold of anyone to find out they are out of the hooks I ordered. I will spend the extra dollar to get better quality hooks, trouble free.

I do make mistakes, but what was your order number? I'd like to take alook at it.

Are your bead prices going to be able to compete with the Canadian Llama's? I need to order both beads and hooks and thought I might hold out until you get beads. Thanks.

Are your bead prices going to be able to compete with the Canadian Llama's? I need to order both beads and hooks and thought I might hold out until you get beads. Thanks.

I'm figuring out pricing now for the beads. In my next newsletter I will post the pricing. Thanks

Just took some hooks out of the packages to show my friends. And we all came up with them being nothing like the quality of TMC or Daiichi after looking at them. So i'm returning all the hooks I got today back to Allen Fly Company.. I'll stick with Saber when using inexpensive hooks.. Since you get 100 sharp hooks for $6.99 and free shipping over $35.00.

Also gave a bunch of women 4 different brands of hooks and told them to place the hooks in order of what they thought was the best and worst hook. After getting the results of the test, I was shocked as how many were able to tell which hook was the least expensive out of the bunch..

Justin, Thanks again for letting me sample your hooks!!!

Thanks for your option. Yes, you did receive the #14 and #16 scud hook. The two hooks that I am making a change on. I think when we spoke on the phone before I sent the hooks, I made you aware of that.

Since the day I have launched FTF I have always allowed and even encouraged the use of this forum to discuss companies and products. However, I don't think anybody wants this forum to turn into a customer service department(not the members or the companies involved). Discussions about likes or dislikes of particular products are certainly OK but when it comes to problems with orders, shipping, etc those problems should go directly to the company. Thanks. Will.

Just took some hooks out of the packages to show my friends. And we all came up with them being nothing like the quality of TMC or Daiichi after looking at them. So i'm returning all the hooks I got today back to Allen Fly Company.. I'll stick with Saber when using inexpensive hooks.. Since you get 100 sharp hooks for $6.99 and free shipping over $35.00.

Also gave a bunch of women 4 different brands of hooks and told them to place the hooks in order of what they thought was the best and worst hook. After getting the results of the test, I was shocked as how many were able to tell which hook was the least expensive out of the bunch..

Justin, Thanks again for letting me sample your hooks!!!

Delivery Confirmation Number

0310 0480 0002 4985 3661

Thanks for your option. Yes, you did receive the #14 and #16 scud hook. The two hooks that I am making a change on. I think when we spoke on the phone before I sent the hooks, I made you aware of that.

I also, do my own testing on my hooks and I come up with my results aswell. This is why companies like mine continue to improve there standards. I do think that some of my hooks need improvment and that is already in place for the smaller scud hooks. I take feedback serious. As you see I dont just stand on the sidelines and sell a product. I improve as I go.

I understand that this is one mans option and I welcome that. The feedback is around %80, %10, %10. 80% like the hooks, 10% like the hooks, but want some improvments on the smaller hooks, and the 10% is happy to try them, but keep with the brand they are using. Sorry, I'm big on %'s ha. Lets me know where the room is to improve.

When the new hooks are ready. I will be giving out free samples on the site to show the improvments.

Thanks again everyone,

Justin

Justin, You did tell me you were making improvements on them hooks. And you were 100% honest and upfront with me when we talked. But after getting them hooks I just don't care for the quality of them. It's not worth my time to fish a dull hook when out fishing like I said. Or for me to spend money on good grade hackle to only wrap it on a hook that's not a good quality hook. Just doesn't make any sense to me...

I'm not trying to bash your hooks or company.... I think everyone should try your hooks and see what they think themselves...

Must say, Looking forward to the next batch of hooks..

NJF

You opinion is important to me. I just took out a pack of my 2457-14 and 16's and cut myself ha testing the point. I think we can keep this in a private PM with going back and fourth to prevent the thread from getting off topic. Great things are to come with new hooks and improvments. Just needed a starting point. I do hope in the future you will be trying my hooks again.

Thank you